How to Choose the Best Private University for Foundation in Arts to Study in Malaysia after your SPM or O-Levels
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
For a good education in the Foundation in Arts, students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to study the Foundation in Arts so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to handle the rigours of undergraduate studies.
A university is like a coach. It equips you with knowledge, trains you and provides you with the necessary skills to win. If one chooses a lousy coach, then the knowledge and skills would be lousy as well. If one chooses the cheapest coach, then don’t expect to learn much. Top universities for business in Malaysia would have the years of experience in teaching the course, qualified & experienced lecturers, top facilities, student support services, English-speaking student environment, multi-cultural student body, excellent internship programme and accreditation from MQA.
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a recruitment agent for top private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing personalised counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University. We research on articles and information to help them make the right choices about choosing their university, career and course in Foundation in Arts.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
How to Choose the Best Foundation in Arts Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Choosing the right Foundation programme after SPM or O-Levels can be challenging. Many students after SPM or O-Levels are left with the difficult task of making that choice without being sufficiently equipped with the necessary details to make an informed choice. Students should ask a counselor who is knowledgeable and experienced to provide the right information to help them make the right choice.
If you don’t plan to go overseas immediately after your Pre-University Programme, then you should go for the Foundation programme in Malaysia. Students after SPM or O-Levels who know that they do not want to pursue science-related degree programmes can go for the Foundation in Arts. The Foundation in Arts programme is flexible and allows students to continue on to degree programmes in areas such as business, accounting & finance, mass communication, information technology (IT), computing, software engineering, design, architecture, hotel management, tourism management, culinary arts, and more.
Students need to choose a university that provides good quality Foundation in Arts programmes that prepares the them to meet the demands of undergraduate study. The Pre-University Programme should have a certain degree of flexibility where students can make their choice of selecting a discipline at a later stage rather than at the beginning of the course. Students who plan to pursue a degree course in the Arts Stream can go for the popular Foundation in Arts Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia.
Assessments for the Foundation in Arts Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Integrating both coursework and written examinations, the Foundation in Arts programme incorporates a practice-oriented approach and furnishes students with relevant interesting, stimulating and hands-on experience via a variety of teaching methods and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the exams, assignments, coursework and presentations. Percentages of the assessments will vary by subject.
Universities will employ different dynamic learning processes in the delivery of the Foundation in Arts programme including lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based projects, real-life system developments, presentations and independent projects, to name a few, supervised by both university lecturers and industry experts alike.
Best Foundation in Arts Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
The Foundation in Arts is more affordable than the External Pre-University Programmes and less rigourous. It would be easier to score high grades in order to obtain scholarships for the degree studies. Top Private Universities in Malaysia offer the 1-year Foundation in Arts course with about 15 subjects. Not all private universities are good in the Foundation in Arts course, therefore, students need to choose the best private university in Malaysia that provides a conducive environment for study as well as to equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills supported by excellent facilities.
Students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to Foundation in Arts. so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their career.
A university is like a coach. It equips you with knowledge, trains you and provides you with the necessary
skills to win. If one chooses a lousy coach, then the knowledge and skills would be lousy as well. If one chooses the cheapest coach, then don’t expect to learn much. Top universities for business in Malaysia would have the years of experience in teaching the course, qualified & experienced lecturers, top facilities, student support services, English-speaking student environment, multi-cultural student body, excellent internship programme and accreditation from MQA.
- Taylor’s University
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- UCSI University
- HELP University
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- KDU College Damansary Jaya
What Degree Courses to Study after Foundation in Arts?
The Foundation in Arts programme is flexible and allows students to continue on to degree programmes in areas such as:
- Best Computing & Information Technology (IT) Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Communications Technology
- Database Administration
- Business Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Systems Security
- Forensic Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Games Development or Games Design
- Intelligent Systems
- Data Analytics
- Best Accounting, Finance & Quantitative Studies Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Business Management Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Mass Communication Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Humanities & Social Science Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Art and Design Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Courses to Study in Malaysia
Top Ten Reasons to Study the Foundation in Arts at the Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Cheaper than the External Pre-University Programmes
- Easier than the External Pre-University Programmes such as A-Levels, STPM or AUSMAT
- Some are recognised for entry into overseas universities
- Accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- You study subjects that you like, which is Arts-related
- Your coursework and exams are marked by Malaysians who understand what you write or express
- You will be exposed to different types of arts-related subjects which would help you to decide which major to choose in the degree.
- Faster to enter the degree programme compared to taking the STPM or A-Levels
- If you do not plan to go overseas, there is no reason to take an external Pre-University programme which is tougher and more expensive.
- When you score well in the Foundation in Arts, you can apply for scholarships for the degree programme at the same university.
Best Guide on Helping Students to Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia for Foundation in Arts
When choosing a university and college in Malaysia for your Foundation in Arts course, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you. The environment should be one where students speak mostly in English so that you can improve your English and communication skills.
Research has shown that graduates with a good command of the English language get 25% higher salaries in Malaysia with faster promotions. In addition, if you want to have the opportunity to work in Multi-National Companies (MNC) or work overseas, a strong command of the English language will be one of the key factors.
Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there if the courses have been accredited by MQA. The best universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the programme, strong student support services, and experienced lecturers.
Don’t choose a university just because someone told you that it is good. Ask why is it good? Don’t choose
because a university is “famous” because it has put out a lot of advertisements. Many Uncles and Aunties will give you their opinions. It is important to check out what they have said is true or not. Also, don’t go to a university because your girlfriend or boyfriend or friends are going there. The university will play an important part in building your knowledge, skills and character to face the challenges of the working world. If you are weak, then you would not be able to perform well enough to earn a high salary.
Take time to find and talk to experienced and knowledgeable education counselors. Some of these counselors are very young and would not have gained enough experience or knowledge to be able to guide you well in this life changing decision. Or they may have other motives to push you to a particular university.
The best university for Foundation in Arts in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular course, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university) and excellent facilities that support your studies.
Top Criteria to Consider When Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Foundation in Arts that Fits You
- Is the Foundation in Arts course popular at that university? Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Are the courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Subjects offered in the Foundation in Arts (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course?
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Ask your friends who have studied there for their opinion. Ask your friends who are currently
studying there as well.
- Entry requirements (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, etc.?
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- What is the make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Foundation in Arts
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia for Foundation in Arts:
- What type of university do I like? (Large, medium, small, city, suburbs, or outer city) Some people like small universities where you get a community feel while others like large university campuses where they get to meet lots of people.
- The size of the university also matters to some people as some prefer a small and friendly university environment where you know everyone’s names. Some may prefer a medium sized university where there are more students to interact with and more facilities to use like a bigger library, student centre, computer labs etc.
- In large universities you might feel lost but there will be more facilities like a football field, gym, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc. You just need to understand your personality and then choose the type of university that fits you.
- If you are a sports person, you might want to find one with a football field, basketball courts, gym or swimming pool.
- Safety at the university campus and community.
- Know yourself, if you like city life, don’t choose a university far away from the city even though the facilities are great. However, if you have a discipline problem in having too much fun, studying away from the city may be a good choice
- What are the facilities and resources offered at the university? – engineering labs, computer labs, computers, science labs, sports facilities, student centre, job placement centre, etc. Note – You should expect to get what you pay for.
- If you like sports, you may not want to choose a university without a basketball court or gym.
- Is it near public transportation? This is important if you do not have transportation.
- Note that you get what you pay for, if you pay for a Kancil don’t expect a Mercedes service. Nothing wrong with a Kancil, it’s just being realistic with your “purchase” however that does not mean that you should get lousy service from that college.
Entry Requirements to Study Foundation in Arts at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Generally, students will need at least 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels to enter the Foundation in Arts programme. Entry requirements will vary depending on what the student plans to study for their degree. To enter the degree in IT, Software Engineering, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Architecture, etc. students will need to have a credit in Maths as well.
Entry requirements for the Foundation in Arts would vary from university to university. Students may contact EduSpiral Consultant Services to find out the exact entry requirements for Foundation in Arts at top private universities in Malaysia.
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Foundation in Arts
Choosing a course to study after SPM or O-Levels is not is a process. It takes time & effort to research and gain information from talking to the right people. It’s a process of trying to figure out yourself, your interests, passion and what you are good at so that you can choose what’s best for you.
Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help
you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.
EduSpiral Consultant Services – Your Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services is a full-service educational counseling & planning firm that guides students from across Malaysia to help them choose the right course and university.
Highly experienced professional staff will talk to you and get to know you before giving advise on which course that will best fit you and your budget. Established in 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is an appointed representative for top reputable private colleges & universities in Malaysia.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com