Heriot-Watt University – Top Ranking UK University in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history began in 1821, when they established the world’s first Mechanics Institute (the School of Arts of Edinburgh). Heriot-Watt University is one of the UK’s leading universities for innovative education and is recognised internationally as a centre for high-calibre research. Heriot-Watt University has 1,737 members of staff, including 480 academic and 180 research staff. The university offers over 400 programmes through their 6 academic schools and 2 postgraduate institutes.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia offers the same high-quality education provided in the UK and at their campus in Dubai, creating opportunities for students to transfer between campuses. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia students have the choice to benefit from an international experience for part of their studies, joining students in Edinburgh or Dubai for part of their degree programme.
The University has been commended by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for the quality of its educational programmes and the strength of its partnership with students and our aim is to replicate this at their Malaysia Campus; providing an excellent on-campus student experience with a range of facilities and student accommodation nearby.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
The Best Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes in Malaysia at Top Ranking Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Best Foundation Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation Programme offers the following tailored pathways into the some of the best undergraduate degree programmes in Malaysia.
The best business degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Actuarial Science BSc (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration BBA (Hons)
- Business and Finance MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Enterprise MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Human Resource Management MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Marketing MA (Hons)
The Best Engineering Degree Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Chemical Engineering with Oil and Gas Technology (MEng)
- Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) / (MEng)
- Construction Project Management BSc (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Petroleum Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)
The Best Postgraduate Degree Programmes at Heriot Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University offers a range of professionally relevant and recognised postgraduate degree programmes. The disciplines
are designed to meet the demand and economic drivers in the South East Asia region and currently include business, energy, built environment and a range of engineering specialisms.
- Business Psychology MSc
- Construction Project Management MSc
- Energy MSc
- International Business Management with Marketing MSc
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Petroleum Engineering MSc
- Quantity Surveying MSc
- Renewable Energy Engineering MSc
- Strategic Project Management MSc
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. For information on hostel accommodation at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, go to this link. Scholarships are available to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 352nd in the world, 40th in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age.
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
Heriot-Watt University consistently achieves high ranking across a number of key university league tables:
- Guardian University Guide 2016 – 18th place Overall
- National Student Survey 2013 – 11th in the UK and second in Scotland
- The Complete University Guide 2016 – 37th Overall
- Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’
- Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 – 41st in the UK and sixth in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2016
Ranked 18th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland
- 3rd for Accounting & Finance and Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- 4th for Building and Town & Country Planning (Quantity Survey)
- 13th for Business, Management & Marketing
- 17th for Chemical Engineering
- 2nd for Civil Engineering
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 10th by the Guardian’s University guide 2016: league table for Mechanical Engineering
- Top 20 in the UK for: Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Information Systems, Business, Management and Marketing and Chemical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide 2016 (UK)
Heriot-Watt was ranked fourth in Scotland in the 2016 Complete University Guide, after St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Heriot-Watt University is 37th in the UK and are ranked in the top 25 for a further 6 subjects: Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Business & Management Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering
Heriot-Watt University ranked in the top ten in the UK in five subject areas:
- Building (6th and 1st in Scotland)
- Chemical Engineering (5th)
- Civil Engineering (9th)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering (9th)
- Town & Country Planning (5th and 1st in Scotland)
Overall Heriot-Watt were ranked in the top 25% of UK universities in 11 subjects including Accounting & Finance, Art and Design, Business and Management Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering.
Other highlights included recognition for the university’s world-class research rated 30th in the UK for quality and for their spending on facilities which placed them 19th in the UK.
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, One of the Best Universities in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s first premises in Putrajaya opened to students in early 2013. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s purpose-built campus in the city of Putrajaya is based only 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur.
Students at the Putrajaya campus join a vibrant, diverse community. The multi-cultural character of the campus provides opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and enjoy a supportive environment to help you make the best of your time as a student.
The university offers a range of activities to help students settle into university life, make friends and feel part of the university community. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides opportunities for students to develop important skills and gain valuable experience, in addition to those offered by their academic programmes.
The university’s strengths and experience in business, finance, manufacturing, engineering, energy and the built environment research match well with local industry interests seeking opportunities to build links. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia already has relationships with some of the international companies with headquarters in Malaysia, particularly in areas such as electronics, photonics, marine and oil and gas.
An iconic curved green roof at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is Malaysia’s first purpose-built green campus. The campus is remarkable for having the first green roof of its kind in Malaysia which will act as an observation deck,
accessible by glass lift. The 300 metre long, 30 metre wide green roof requires a combination of particular soil, waterproofing, an irrigation system and grasses to avoid erosion.
The development is marked by its environmentally friendly, passive design features including campus lighting ‘powered’ by the maximum use of natural daylight, a rainwater harvesting system and optimised air-conditioning and thermal control systems.
Green Prospects Asia has featured the new campus with its unique, arching green roof that curves from the ground to the fourth floor. According to the publication, “It is expected to be a landmark feature in Putrajaya.”
A state-of-the-art learning environment at Heriot Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s campus is located close to the Putrajaya marina and to other purpose-built, modern leisure and sports
Situated in a stunning lakeside locationin Putrajaya, the building boasts a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi available throughout. Heriot-Watt University’s teaching spaces will be flexibly designed to allow for traditional lectures and studio-based learning, complemented by high-quality electronic teaching and learning resources.
There are common rooms throughout the campus, giving students space to socialise and relax. On the promenade, facing the lake, is the cafeteria with other stores and retail outlets planned.
The campus will provide a state-of-the-art teaching and learning environment, reflecting the university’s status as a leading provider of high-quality, professionally orientated education, knowledge transfer and research. When the campus is fully developed the university aims to support up to 4,000 students.
Heriot-Watt University’s students
- 7,880 students on UK campuses, including 5,800 undergraduates and 2,080 postgraduates.
- 3,181 students at our Dubai Campus, including 2,181 undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates.
- The Watt Club, our alumni association, was founded in 1854 making it the oldest graduate club in the UK. The Club connects over 88,000 of our alumni.
Career-relevant education at Heriot-Watt University
Responding to the needs of business and industry defines their approach. Heriot-Watt University work in partnership with the professions to develop their degrees, ensuring a career-relevant education and an environment that helps to foster the leaders of tomorrow.
Their practical, leading edge research is focused on providing solutions and is helping to tackle some of the key challenges facing contemporary society.
Heriot-Watt University’s Graduates
Heriot-Watt University’s global alumni network
Heriot-Watt University has 96,000 alumni spread across the globe and this network of graduates is very important to us.
The Watt Club is the university’s alumni association which you automatically become part of when you graduate. It has been in existence since 1854 and is one of the oldest alumni associations in the UK.
The strong alumni base gives students opportunities to interact with industry representatives as well as their staff. This is proven statistically, with 94.3 per cent of Heriot-Watt University’s graduates employed within 6 months of graduation globally, ranking the university 10th in the UK for graduate employment.
Its success rate in the job market comes from a focus on courses which are geared to industry and which have a professional outcome. Strong links with the industry are a key factor, from alliances with oil and gas companies to research collaborations with more than 25 countries globally
Heriot-Watt University’s alumni in Malaysia
With 3,500 alumni, Malaysia has the biggest group of Heriot-Watt graduates outside of the UK and the university looks forward
to the growth of this group as their new campus at Putrajaya becomes established. Current students can also benefit from the existing network with access to alumni mentoring, guest lectures, internships and other available services.
Many of the university’s Malaysian alumni have gone on to key roles with some of the country’s major companies, such as Petronas, YTL Corporation Berhad, Exxon Mobil, Motorola and PwC.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link.Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Scholarships are availableat Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
Research Standards at Heriot-Watt University
The university offers the advantages of a research-led teaching environment where advances in relevant fields are reflected in the syllabus.
In the 2008 RAE, 50% of the University’s research was rated as internationally excellent. Heriot-Watt had one of the highest RAE staff submission rates among Scottish universities.
The University plays a leading role in a number of Scottish research pooling initiatives including in the areas of Engineering (Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering), Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics and Marine Science.
The University has an extensive portfolio of research collaborations and is expanding this through the development of strategic alliances with key industry partners.
Heriot-Watt University delivers globally relevant and pioneering research with real impact. Our research informs policy, changes the world we live in and solves real problems for business and industry. In the REF 2014 survey of all UK universities:
- 82% of our research was found to be world-class
- we were 1st in the UK for General Engineering (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 2nd in the UK for Architecture, Built Environment and Planning (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 5th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences (joint submission with Edinburgh University).
Internationally Recognised Research at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is recognised internationally as a centre for high calibre research in science, engineering and business, and we are one of the UK’s leading universities for cutting edge, applied research.
The university continues to attract significant research funding year on year and nearly 90% ofHeriot-Watt University academic staff are involved in research activity.
World-Leading Expertise at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s expertise in science and engineering is considered world leading and we are renowned for our applied and technological research and for our industry-oriented collaborative work.
Heriot-Watt University also works hard to share this expertise and participate extensively in Knowledge Transfer which helps businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity.
Recent research in marine conservation for example has focused on marine habitat mapping for conservation purposes in the UK, Galapagos, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama alongside work to understand the impact of climate change (e.g. ocean warming and acidification) on marine species and habitats. Similar projects are being set up in Malaysia.
A Platform for Research Partnerships
The new Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Putrajaya campus will provide a dynamic platform from the creation of partnerships with other local universities through which the university can deliver research studentships and other funded research activities.
The university also hopes to work with Universities and other Higher Education Institutions in the surrounding region, particularly with those from ASEAN countries.
Key Areas of Research that Heriot-Watt University Malaysia will engage in
Examples of the areas Heriot-Watt University Malaysia expects to engage in include, sustainable development, biotechnologies, energy, water resource management, smart textiles and interior environments. It is likely that our research and knowledge transfer activities in Malaysia will reflect the six themes of the University’s core strategy which are:
- Environment and Climate Change
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Physical and Life Sciences Interface
- Modeling and Risk
- Creativity, Design and Innovation
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving students.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com