Best Universities in Malaysia for Foundation in Business Administration or Foundation in Commerce Management Course
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Choosing a top private university in Malaysia to study after SPM or O-Levels for your Pre-University or Foundation course takes time, it is a process in finding out which one best fits you. You need to talk to the right counselors who are knowledgeable and experienced. Students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects.
Students after SPM who have decided to go for a Business Degree at a top private university in Malaysia, it would be better to take a Foundation in Business Administration instead of taking tough external pre-university courses like A-Levels, Canadian Pre-U or Australian Matriculation.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Commerce or Business Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. Studying in a top private university in Malaysia would help you to gain the necessary skills in communication, leadership, networking and critical thinking that’s important for a successful career.
A Foundation in Business Administration is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at private universities in Malaysia. A Foundation in Business Management Course at a top private university in Malaysia will take 1 year to complete before you continue on to a business degree programme. After the Foundation in Commerce, you can choose to study degree programmes in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Finance & Investment, Marketing, Human Resource Management and more.
For more information contact 01111408838
Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Business or Commerce Foundation Programmes
A Foundation in Commerce Management is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at private universities in Malaysia. Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of pursuing a Business degree should go for the Foundation in Business Management programme to prepare themselves well in addition to studying the subjects that they are interested in. Outstanding private universities in Malaysia for the Foundation in Business programmes are
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Taylor’s University
- Asia Pacific University
- Curtin University Sarawak
- UCSI University
- First City University College
- Berjaya University College of Hospitality
- Nilai University
Malaysia’s MQA Accredited Foundation in Arts programmes can also gain entry to accounting and business degree programmes. Students after SPM or O-Levels who are still not sure of pursuing a business degree or other arts-related degree programmes can go for the Foundation in Arts. Top private universities in Malaysia offering the best Foundation in Arts programme are
General Entry Requirements into a Foundation in Business at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Entry requirements into the Foundation in Business Administraion at most private universities in Malaysia are
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE
- Students intending to pursue a degree in Finance or Actuarial Science must have a credit in Maths.
Entry requirements into top ranked universities like Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are higher
- Minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
- Actuarial Science route requires minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics together with a C in Additional Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
Studying the Foundation in Business Management at Top Universities in Malaysia
Students after the Foundation in Business Administration would consider degree programmes offered in top private universities in Malaysia such as:
- Accounting & Finance
- Accounting & Finance with Internal Audit
- Accounting & Finance with Forensic Accounting
- Accounting & Finance with Taxation
- Management & Marketing
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Finance & Investment
- Finance & Investment
- FOREX & Investment
- Investment & Risk Management
- International Business
- International Business Management
- Entrepreneurship & Marketing
- Finance & Marketing
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Media Marketing
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Branding & Advertising
A Foundation in Business focuses on business-related topics by focusing on specific subjects related to these various majors in Business.
Study Foundation in Business Administration or Foundation in Business Management at a Top Private University in Malaysia
A Foundation in Business Administration is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business at private universities in Malaysia. Here are
some of the reasons why you should take a Foundation in Business at a top private university in Malaysia.
By taking a Foundation in Business Management, you will be exposed to various Business topics, such as Accounting, Management, Economics and Marketing. This is advantageous as it will help give you an idea of what to study for your degree if you are still unsure.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. Do not choose the Foundation in Business because it is the cheapest. It may not prepare you well to handle the degree programme.
The environment in top private universities is one that’s vibrant, multi-cultural and English-speaking. These are necessary components for a successful career in the competitive work place.
Programme Structure of the Foundation in Business Programme in Malaysia
Unlike how A-Level and SAM are administered by a central body (Cambridge or EdExcel administers the A-Levels and the South Australian education board administers SAM), a Foundation in Business is administered by the private university itself.
Assessments are a mixture of coursework, assignments and exams. It is generally accepted that the Foundation course is easier than the external Pre-University programmes. Quality of the Foundation in Business programmes are assured with the accreditation from MQA.
Students who have completed the Foundation in Business may transfer to other private universities in Malaysia for their degree programmes.
Typical Subjects offered in the Foundation in Business
Subjects offered by Foundation in Business courses are related to business subjects so that it would prepare you for the undergraduate degree in business. Some universities offer both core and elective subjects (which means you get to choose some of your subjects), while some universities only have fixed subjects.
You will study subjects like:
- IT, and more.
The Malaysian Ministry of Education also requires students to take compulsory subjects called the Matapelajaran Wajib or MPU. Students have to take 3 MPU subjects during their Foundation.
Choosing the Best University in Malaysia to Study Foundation in Business
A university is like a coach. It equips you with knowledge, trains you and provides you with the necessary skills to win. If one chooses a lousy coach, then the knowledge and skills would be lousy as well. If one chooses the cheapest coach, then don’t expect to learn much. Top universities for business in Malaysia would have the years of experience in teaching the course, qualified & experienced lecturers, top facilities, student support services, English-speaking student environment, multi-cultural student body, excellent internship programme and accreditation from MQA.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. Studying in a top private university in Malaysia would help you to gain the necessary skills in communication, leadership, networking and critical thinking that’s important for a successful career.
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a recruitment agent for top private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing personalised counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University. We research on articles and information to help them make the right choices about choosing their university, career and course in business administration or management.
Top Criteria to Consider When Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Business Administration or Business Management that Fits You
- Is the Business Administration or Business Management course popular at that university? Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Are the courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Does the university have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course?
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Ask your friends who have studied there for their opinion. Ask your friends who are currently
studying there as well.
- Entry requirements (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, etc.?
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- What is the make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Business Administration or Business Management
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia for Business Administration or Business Management:
- What type of university do I like? (Large, medium, small, city, suburbs, or outer city) Some people like small universities where you get a community feel while others like large university campuses where they get to meet lots of people.
- The size of the university also matters to some people as some prefer a small and friendly university environment where you know everyone’s names. Some may prefer a medium sized university where there are more students to interact with and more facilities to use like a bigger library, student centre, computer labs etc.
- In large universities you might feel lost but there will be more facilities like a football field, gym, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc. You just need to understand your personality and then choose the type of university that fits you.
- If you are a sports person, you might want to find one with a football field, basketball courts, gym or
- Safety at the university campus and community.
- Know yourself, if you like city life, don’t choose a university far away from the city even though the facilities are great. However, if you have a discipline problem in having too much fun, studying away from the city may be a good choice
- What are the facilities and resources offered at the university? – engineering labs, computer labs, computers, science labs, sports facilities, student centre, job placement centre, etc. Note – You should expect to get what you pay for.
- If you like sports, you may not want to choose a university without a basketball court or gym.
- Is it near public transportation? This is important if you do not have transportation.
- Note that you get what you pay for, if you pay for a Kancil don’t expect a Mercedes service. Nothing wrong with a Kancil, it’s just being realistic with your “purchase” however that does not mean that you should get lousy service from that college.
Top Ten Reasons to Study the Foundation in Business Administration at the Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Cheaper than the External Pre-University Programmes
- Easier than the External Pre-University Programmes
- Some are recognised for entry into overseas universities
- Accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- You study subjects that you like, which is business related
- Your coursework and exams are marked by Malaysians who understand what you write or express
- You will be exposed to different types of business subjects which would help you to decide which major to choose in the degree.
- Faster to enter the degree programme compared to taking the STPM or A-Levels
- If you do not plan to go overseas, there is no reason to take an external Pre-University programme which is tougher and more expensive.
- When you score well in the Foundation in Business, you can apply for scholarships for the degree programme at the same university.
Help! I Don’t Know Which is the Best Course to Choose to Study at the Top Private University in Malaysia
It is important to choose the right course to study – you don’t want to waste your time and money on a
course you don’t want to do (or end up dropping out of). To help you decide which course is right for you, make a list of courses that are of interest to you.
Is it a subject you have already studied? For example, maybe you loved the English subject and you read novels for pleasure in your own time. You can consider Teaching English as a Second Language, journalism or Mass Communication. In addition, you don’t have to do a journalism degree to become a journalist – many degrees are considered!
Maybe you’ve always been interested in computers and the internet at home, and enjoyed maths at school, so are considering a degree in computer science, a course subject you probably won’t have studied before. Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration.
Looking at your results in SPM could help you to decide which course you would be good at. If you are good in Maths & Physics then you can consider Engineering courses. Having good results in Chemistry, Biology & Maths, you can think of a career in Food Science, Pharmacy or Medicine. Talking to an experienced education advisor would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Many students after SPM make the mistake of just listening to advise without verifying whether the
information given is true or not. In addition, just because you have heard or seen a lot of advertisements by a particular university, doesn’t mean that it is the best in that course.
Many of the course counselors at the universities are paid by the universities to get you to register there, so their main motivation is to get you to register, not to help you make the right choice.
You should also ask yourself if you would still be interested in that subject for a further three or four years – enough to motivate yourself to work and research independently? Remember, you are going to work in this career for the next 50 years after graduation, therefore, you should have a high interest in the course.
The course that you choose should also have a job demand for you after you graduate. Choosing a course
that you are passionate about without job demand and you may end up being jobless. Look for statistics and research to support whether there is a job demand for your future career in Malaysia or Singapore. Here at EduSpiral Consultant Services, we do our research on the job demand for the careers in Malaysia, Salary Reports, and universities so that we can advise our students based on facts and evidence.
Now why would you want to talk to EduSpiral Consultant Services when you can contact the private universities directly? Well, EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at. We have worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
Ask a Knowledgeable & Experienced Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Choose the Right Course after SPM
in finding out who you are and what you are good at. An experienced Education Advisor would be invaluable in assisting you to choose the right course. Students need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com