Malaysia’s Top Universities Best for Foundation in Computing & Information Technology (IT)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in Computing & Technology can go for the 1-year Foundation programmes at top private universities in Malaysia instead of an external Pre-University Course like SAM, AUSMAT or A-Levels. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) programmes are cheaper than the external Pre-University programmes and generally easier. If you do not plan on going overseas for your degree programme, then it is better to go for the Foundation programme at a top private university in Malaysia.
Foundation in Information Technology or Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are intensive, focused one-year foundation courses which prepare students for your computing degree studies in Malaysia and guarantee entry to the university of interest upon successful completion. The Foundation in Information Technology or Foundation in Computing & Technology courses provide a solid foundation for students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education of the particular university.
According to a report, the job prospects for information technology (IT) professionals in Malaysia is very good and well trained ICT professionals can earn a high salary. It is important to choose the best university in Malaysia to study the Information Technology (IT) course so that you can gain vital knowledge and skills to succeed in your career.
Graduating with a Information Technology (IT) degree from a top private university in Malaysia allows you to choose from a wide range of careers in software development, business analysis, ITC consulting, data modelling, systems integration and network management.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Best Foundation in Information Technology or Foundation in Computing & Technology Course
Many top private universities in Malaysia, have developed their own internal university foundation programmes. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) and Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) and recognised by the respective foreign partner universities. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) subjects are geared more specifically to Information Technology courses unlike the external qualifications which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects.
You will get the chance to study a variety of subject areas related to computer studies in the Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computing & Technology Programme. This will not only give you an idea of what subject you may like to progress on to, but also to develop the valuable learning skills necessary for pursue a degree. A Foundation Programme in Malaysia can be 2 semesters with 6 months each semester or 3 semesters with 4 months each semester.
Assessment for Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computing & Technology programmes in Malaysia will vary from university to university. It will contain a mix of coursework, assignments, quizzes and exams. The coursework could cover different assessment tasks such as projects, assignments, laboratory work, presentations, tests, and others as assigned throughout each semester. The final
examination is conducted at the end of each semester. The assessments are subject to quality assurance procedures to maintain high standards and ensuring fair assessment.
To enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology students after SPM would need at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects with a pass in BM and Sejarah.
If you are sure that you want to study Information Technology (IT) for your degree studies then this Foundation Programme is your best choice.
- Duration: 1 year
- Entry Requirements: Min. 5 credits, inclusive of Maths
- Recognition: Mostly in Malaysia and some overseas. As long as the Foundation course is accredited by MQA, it will be accepted by another private university for entry into the relevant degree programme.
- Cost: Generally cheaper than overseas Pre-University courses and A-Levels
What is Information Technology and Studying IT at the Best Universities in Malaysia
Information Technology (IT) involves many things. Take, for instance, an IT department in a company in Malaysia where there are many people with many jobs and a variety of responsibilities. These responsibilities range from keeping systems and data secure to keeping networks up and running.
There are people who input data, people who manage databases and people who do programming. There are also the decision makers, such as Chief Information Officers (CIOs), who decide how an IT department will operate and what components will be purchased.
Information Technology (IT) also includes the management of data, whether it is in the form of text, voice, image, audio or some other form. It can also involve things related to the Internet.
This gives IT a whole new meaning, since the Internet is its own realm. Information Technology (IT) involves the transfer of data, so it makes sense that the Internet would be a part of IT. IT has become a part of our everyday lives and continues to proliferate into new realms.
Typically, Information Technology (IT) is used in the context of enterprise operations as opposed to
personal or entertainment technologies. The commercial use of IT encompasses both computer technology and telephony.
The term information technology was coined by the Harvard Business Review, in order to make a distinction between purpose-built machines designed to perform a limited scope of functions and general-purpose computing machines that could be programmed for various tasks.
As the IT industry evolved from the mid-20th century, it encompassed transistors and integrated circuits — computing capability advanced while device cost and energy consumption fell lower, a cycle that continues today when new technologies emerge.
The gap between the demand for information and computer technology (ICT) talent and the supply of that talent is large. Study indicates that the existing situation cannot even supply half of the demand by 2020, about 500,000 human capital educated in science and technology will be needed in Malaysia. From this number, at least 30,000 graduates are required in the ICT job market.
According to PIKOM, there are many jobs out there for IT graduates and there are also many jobless IT graduates. The reason for this is that there is a mismatch of the courses with the skill needed. In addition, the training that the students received was not up to the standard needed in the industry.
With the increased demand for trained professionals in information technology (IT) and the many universities for students to choose from, it is important for the student to be able to choose a university that best fits his or her needs – financially, quality, educationally and career.
Learn how to become a computer science professional in Malaysia by talking to knowledgeable & experienced counselors and then choosing the best private university for your degree studies. Research the education and career requirements, training and certification information and experience needed to be successful in your future career in information technology or computer science in Malaysia.
Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means we know what students need to do
well in a degree. We have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of our wide range of degrees you choose.
And Asia Pacific University (APU) goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation. Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes. Graduates at Asia Pacific University will receive the degree from APU and another from Staffordshire University, UK.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
What you will study
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
- Communication Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essential of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Individual, State & Society
- Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Further Mathematics
- Introduction to Multimedia Applications
- Perspectives in Technology
Entry Requirements into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level including a credit in Mathematics and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE including a credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Top University in Malaysia to Study Foundation in Computing at Taylors University
Taylor’s University 1-year Foundation in Computing programme is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in various computing related degrees programmes. Emphasising on ‘learning by doing’, students are regularly required to work on actual projects that instil core competencies and knowledge in the field of computing and information technology.
As part of their studies, Taylor’s students will be exposed to a dynamic learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, where students are trained to apply theory into practice, thus developing the ability to demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
Upon completion, students at Taylor’s University will develop core competencies in the field of computer
science and information technology, grooming them for further studies or careers in the ICT industry, or to be the next technopreneurs of Malaysia’s bustling start-up scene.
Upon completion of the top rated Foundation in Computing programme, students at Taylor’s University can continue on to any of the UK dual-award degree programmes below:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer Security and Forensics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Technologies)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering (Hons)
Strong Computing Focus for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Knowledge and understanding of computing, IT and basics of logical thinking skills, through modules like Introduction to Computing, Practical IT skills and Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving.
From Theory to Application
- Develop independence and confidence, through continuous assessments which encompass elements of presentation, group discussion, out-of-classroom activities and practical assignments.
Balanced Learning Environment at Taylor’s School of IT
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation allocated to various continuous assessments such as course work, quizzes, class test, projects, oral presentations, and the remaining 50% to the final exam.
Conducive Learning Environment at Taylor’s University
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
Exposure to the latest developments in the computing field through talks and workshops conducted by local and international speakers and industry experts.
Reliable Support System at Taylor’s University
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
Programme Structure for the Taylor’s University Foundation in Computing Programme
Subjects for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- English I
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Practical IT Skills
- Algebra and Calculus
- Social Media
- English II
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Introduction to E-business
- Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving
- Discrete Mathematics
- .Net Technology
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Pass with min. 5 credits including English and Mathematics / Additional Mathematics with a pass in Bahasa Melayu and History
- O Level
Pass with min. 5 credits including English and Mathematics / Additional Mathematics
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
Pass with min. 3Bs including Mathematics and a pass in English
Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are not sure of what they want to study can go for the flexible Foundation in Arts & Technology Programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie that will stream them into the various degree programmes in business, computing, communication, creative arts, hospitality, culinary arts, offered.
- Game development
This flexible programme ensures students are grounded with a strong grasp of core subjects according to
their choice of programmes at degree level, as well as a variety of other subjects to give them a broad-based education platform. It also helps them to explore new methods and ideas, as well as skills and concepts, to encourage independent and critical thinking.
Upon completion, students will be able to articulate seamlessly into various degree programmes, offered at KDU University College.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Game Development (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Students interested to register online for KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie’s course can click on this link. Scholarships are available for deserving students.
Subjects for the Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Total of 17 modules
(6 compulsory modules)
- Creative Studies
- Critical Writing and Referencing
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Creative Concepts
- Introduction to Communication
(8 modules according to stream)
|GAME ART||GAME DESIGN / COMMUNICATION||GAME TECHNOLOGY / COMPUTING||BUSINESS / HOSPITALITY|
- Cultural Studies
- Pengajian Malaysia 1 (Malaysian Students)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Study Skills
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
|ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION||MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
||Pass with min. 5 Credits (inclusive of passes in English and Mathematics)|
||Min. 3 Credits (inclusive of passes in English and Mathematics)|
|Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency)||Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts)|
- Students who will be continuing their studies in Accounting degree programmes, or in the Game Technology specialisation of the Game Development programme, must have obtained a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level.
- Students who will be continuing their studies in Computer Science and Software Engineering degree programmes must have obtained a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
|Local Student :||Credit (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination)|
|International Student :||Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based) or 525 (paper-based) in TOEFL|
*If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at KDU University College.
Most Affordable Foundation In Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
This affordable Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology Programme in Malaysia at First City University College prepares students for two major pathways of Degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Computing, which are Engineering and Computing. Students will be equipped with elementary to intermediate level of knowledge on the respective pathway after the completion of this foundation programme.
In Semester 1, students will explore their first programming language of which they will analyse, design and develop an IT solution for a business case. At the same time, students will build a solid background on Mathematics for their chosen pathway in Semester 2.
In Semester 2, students will explore more into their chosen pathway. For students who choose the Computing pathway, they will learn various programming languages, such as structured C++ programming in Semester 2 and Object-Oriented Java programming in Semester 3. Students will learn to create simple and yet functional programs from these languages.
On the other hand, for students who choose the Engineering pathway, they will be equipped with technical knowledge in Engineering-related modules, such as Mechanics, Electrical and Electronics, and instrumentation and measurements in Semester 2; and Applied Physics and Materials Science in Semester 3.
Students can also select the Science pathway which prepares them to continue their degree in chemistry-related degrees such as Chemical Engineering.
Furthermore, students from all pathways will also benefit from applying the MATLAB software in their mathematics modules.
To conclude, this foundation programme provides students a strong solid background on the respective pathway to degree programmes of study.
The duration for the Foundation is 1 year (3 semesters) with intakes in January, March and May of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels including the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College. After the 1-year Foundation, you can continue on to the following degree programmes at First City:
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) in Business Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science ( Intelligent Systems) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
The one-year foundation programme consists of three pathways; students will have a choice to pursue undergraduate degree studies in Engineering/Science (Electronic Enginering), or Computing (Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Technology / Information Systems ) at First City UC by selecting the respective elective modules required for each of the degree courses in Semester 2 and 3.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
- SPM (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
- SPM (Art stream): Minimum 7 credits (inclusive of English, Mathematics and General Science)
- UEC: Minimum 4 Bs (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
- GCE O Level (Art stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English, Mathematics and General Science)
- GCE O Level (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
SEMESTER 1 MODULE CONTENT
- • Analytical Mathematics
- • Communication and Study Skills
- • Computer Technology
- • Personal and Professional Development
- • Advance Office Software
SEMESTER 2 MODULE CONTENT
- • Calculus Mathematics
- • Mechanics ** / #
- • Instrumentation and Measurements **
- • Fundamental Electrical and Electronic Engineering **
- • Software Design Techniques***
- • Web Design***
- • Structured Programming ***
- • Fundamentals in Chemistry #
- • Physical Chemistry #
SEMESTER 3 MODULE CONTENT
- • Engineering Mathematics ** / #
- • Applied Physics ** / #
- • Materials Science **
- • Group Project • Database ***
- • Object-Oriented Programming***
- • Systems Analysis and Design***
- • Organic and Inorganic Chemistry # **
Students who wish to specialise in Engineering are required to take these elective modules.
*** Students who wish to specialise in Computing are required to take these elective modules.
Students who wish to specialise in Science are required to take these elective modules.
- For SPM students, a pass in Malay Language and History is required.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com