Top Private Universities Offering Affordable Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Mechanical engineering is an extremely diverse field covering the design, development, construction, operation and maintenance of all types of motor vehicles, aircraft and ships as well as propulsion and power plants and mechanical and robotic components used in many industries. Mechanical Engineers design, build, test and maintain all manner of machines in all manner of places. It’s probably the most diverse and most flexible of all engineering disciplines, covering virtually all areas of development and production. Mechanical Engineering is one of the most popular engineering fields for students to study in Malaysia.
Career opportunities in Mechanical Engineering are very good in Malaysia with a high job demand and salary as well. As a Mechanical Engineer, you could work in the automotive, aerospace and transport industries, power generation, refineries, insurance industries, building services, railway systems design, consumer goods design and production and management consultancies.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 Credits including Maths & Science may enter the 2-year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Smart students should choose the best colleges or universities in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to continue on in the degree programme. Read on to find out more about which top universities in Malaysia offer the most affordable Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Why Study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Top Universities in Malaysia?
Students after SPM or O-Levels should choose the best colleges or universities in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to continue on in the degree programme.
A diploma programme is specific towards the area of study compared to Foundation, STPM or external Pre-University courses. The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is more practical and upon completion you can either go work or continue on to the degree in Mechanical Engineering. If you take the STPM, which is very difficult and takes 2 years, you would have completed a 2-year Diploma course. The STPM is just a Pre-University programme which is one step lower than a Diploma.
With any 3 credits in SPM including Maths & Science and a Pass in BM & Sejarah, you can go for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at a top private university in Malaysia. After the 2.5-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university if
the degree course is offered. There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university. Or you can transfer into another private university for the degree in mechanical engineering that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
To enter the Foundation programme, you will need at least 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths and Physics. Therefore, if you only have 3 credits in SPM, the Diploma would be ideal for you.
Another advantage is that the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can apply for the PTPN Loan. When you continue on to the degree Year 2, you can apply for the PTPN. Please note that there is no PTPN Loan for Foundation or any Pre-University course.
Excellent Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering Degree Courses that you can transfer your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Most diplomas in mechanical engineering can be transferred to another college or university into the Year 2 of the relevant programme. If you have taken the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it is highly likely that you can enter into Year 2 of the degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Upon completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you may transfer your credits into Year 2 of the Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering degree at top private universities in Malaysia.
Top private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Mechanical Engineering degree course that you can transfer your Diploma to are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Taylor’s University, UCSI University, Curtin University Sarawak, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie , KDU Penang University College.
You can also consider changing to Mechatronic Engineering after your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Depending on the exemptions, you will enter into Year 2 of the Mechatronic Engineering degree.Mechatronic engineering is the combination of mechanical, electrical & electronic, robotics and computing. A Mechatronic Engineer designs smart machines that are aware of their surroundings and can make decisions. It is a new branch of the engineering field with very good job prospects. Malaysia’s Top private universities offering the Mechatronic Engineering degree programme that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia are Asia Pacific University & UCSI University.
Low Cost Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia after SPM at Top Rated MAHSA University
Students after SPM or O-Levels who want to enter the 2.5-year low cost Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University, will need at least 3 credits in the relevant subjects. The cheaply available Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year programme, in line with the requirements of the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Therefore students may apply for the PTPN Loan.
MAHSA University at its new campus. In addition, the cost of on-campus hostel accommodation at MAHSA University is very affordable compared to other top private universities in Malaysia. Students will learn in an ultra modern, new purpose-built campus at Bandar Saujana Putra.
The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year diploma and provides an opportunity for students to learn theoretical and practical skills to work in the mechanical and manufacturing industries. Mechanical engineering skills are highly needed as there is a shortage of technicians everywhere.
Mechanical engineering is a diverse and challenging field where students will use practical skills combined with innovative thinking to design and build mechanical devices, systems and machines.
Entry Requirements for MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least credits in 3 subjects, including Mathematics and 1 relevant science/technical/vocational subject AND a pass in English
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and 1 relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering/ Engineering Technology or its equivalent
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical/ Skills Certificate or its equivalent with 1 year of relevant work experience or a minimum 1 semester of a bridging programme
Advantages of Studying MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is awarded by MAHSA University, a recognized university in the region.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is benchmarked to the quality standards and approved by the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The teaching staff in the faculty comprises of professors and lecturers with vast experience from the different fields of specializations. The faculty also employs Professional Engineers who have wide industry experience to be part of the academic team.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is very affordable and there are education loans available for students who wish to further seek out additional financial assistance.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year programme, in line with the requirements of the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Programme Structure for MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|1||Mathematics 1||DSM 1013|
|Communicative English||DEL 1033|
|Engineering Drawing||DME 1012|
|Science Laboratory||DSM 1052|
|2||Mathematics 2||DSM 1043|
|Computer Programming||DME 1033|
|Material Science||DME 1043|
|Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1||MPU 2133|
|Pengajian Malaysia 2||MPU 2163|
|3||Mechanical Technology Laboratory 2||DME 1062|
|Introduction to Information Technology||MPU 2223|
|Family Structure||DCE 1072|
|Family Structure||MPU 2332|
|4||Mathematics 3||DSM 2013|
|Solid Mechanics||DME 2013|
|Thermodynamics 1||DME 2023|
|Computer Aided Design||DME 2042|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 2||DME 2052|
|Community Work||MPU 2412|
|5||Fluids Mechanics||DME 2063|
|Thermodynamics 2||DME 2073|
|Mechanical Design 1||DME 2083|
|Manufacturing Technology||DME 2093|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 3||DME 2102|
|6||Industrial Training||DCE 2114|
|7||Mechanical Design 2||DME 3013|
|Mechanics of Machines||DME 3023|
|Final Project||DME 3043|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 4||DME 3032|
|Elective 1||DME 3XX3|
|Elective 2||DME 3XX3|
|ELECTIVE||Electrical & Electronics Technology||DME 3053|
|Management for Engineers||DME 3063|
|Engineering Health & Safety||DME 3073|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Nilai University
This internationally-recognised diploma prepares you for a career in the field of mechanical engineering by equipping you with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide engineering services in the areas of process design, product manufacturing, energy generation, the creation of new materials and many more.
Graduates of this programme are qualified to continue into a degree programme at Nilai University or with our reputable partner universities. The broad-based modules give you the flexibility to pursue a degree in various other areas of engineering specialisations such as aerospace, chemical, civil and many more
Nilai University’s engineering programmes feature licensed MATLAB, Simulink, Multisim, Autocad, SolidWorks, Ansys, CNC Simulator and Emulator software to study the advances in the field of Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, and Automotive Engineering and to take up in-house projects.
Students will undergo training as part of the syllabus on Solidworks and Anysys software; the former will teach students how to create components with parametic methods and to create assemblies while the latter will impart knowledge on computer aided engineering analysis. You are given the opportunity to take the Dale Carnegie & the Outward Bound courses at Nilai University.
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University or College in Malaysia to Study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia:
- Diploma and degrees offered
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Accreditation by MQA and other relevant professional bodies in Malaysia
- Type of programme (local degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- Entry requirements (Branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- Location of the university
- Size of the student population
- Student culture (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
- Costs (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- Financial assistance (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Campus resources (labs, libraries, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- Internship and co-op programs
- Class size (Small class size for personal attention)
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Safety (campus, community)
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- Extra-curricular activities (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Housing options (on-campus, off-campus apartments)
- Student support services
- Intake dates
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com