Entry Requirements for Foundation in Computing & Technology at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in Computing & Technology can go for the 1-year Foundation programmes at top private universities in Malaysia instead of an external Pre-University Course like SAM, AUSMAT or A-Levels. The Foundation in Computing & Technology programmes are cheaper than the external Pre-U programmes and generally easier. If you do not plan on going overseas for your degree programme, then it is better to go for the Foundation programme at a top private university in Malaysia.
To enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology students after SPM would need at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects with a pass in BM and Sejarah.
Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are intensive, focused one-year courses which prepare students for your degree studies in Malaysia and guarantee entry to the university of interest upon successful completion. The Foundation in Computing & Technology courses provide a solid foundation for students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education of the particular university.
For more information contact 01111408838
Entry Requirements at Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Best Foundation in Computing & Technology Course
Many top private universities in Malaysia, have developed their own internal university foundation programmes. These Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) and recognised by the respective foreign partner universities. Unlike the external qualifications which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects, the internal qualifications provide specialisation in precise areas of study such as the fields of business, computer & IT, and engineering, and hence, cater to the specific needs of different students.
You will get the chance to study a variety of subject areas in the Foundation in Computing & Technology Programme. This will not only give you an idea of what subject you may like to progress on to, but also to develop the valuable learning skills necessary for pursue a degree. A Foundation Programme in Malaysia can be 2 semesters with 6 months each semester or 3 semesters with 4 months each semester.
Entry Requirements for Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means we know what students need to do
well in a degree. We have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of our wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation. Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes. Graduates at Asia Pacific University will receive the degree from APU and another from Staffordshire University, UK.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
What you will study
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
- Communication Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essential of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Individual, State & Society
- Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Further Mathematics
- Introduction to Multimedia Applications
- Perspectives in Technology
Entry Requirements into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level including a credit in Mathematics and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE including a credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Entry Requirements for Foundation in Computing at Taylors University
Taylor’s University 1-year Foundation in Computing programme is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in various computing related degrees programmes. Emphasising on ‘learning by doing’, students are regularly required to work on actual projects that instil core competencies and knowledge in the field of computing and information technology.
As part of their studies, Taylor’s students will be exposed to a dynamic learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, where students are trained to apply theory into practice, thus developing the ability to demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
Upon completion, students at Taylor’s University will develop core competencies in the field of computer
science and information technology, grooming them for further studies or careers in the ICT industry, or to be the next technopreneurs of Malaysia’s bustling start-up scene.
Upon completion of the top rated Foundation in Computing programme, students at Taylor’s University can continue on to any of the UK dual-award degree programmes below:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer Security and Forensics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Technologies)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering (Hons)
Strong Computing Focus for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Knowledge and understanding of computing, IT and basics of logical thinking skills, through modules like Introduction to Computing, Practical IT skills and Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving.
From Theory to Application
- Develop independence and confidence, through continuous assessments which encompass elements of presentation, group discussion, out-of-classroom activities and practical assignments.
Balanced Learning Environment at Taylor’s School of IT
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation allocated to various continuous assessments such as course work, quizzes, class test, projects, oral presentations, and the remaining 50% to the final exam.
Conducive Learning Environment at Taylor’s University
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
Exposure to the latest developments in the computing field through talks and workshops conducted by local and international speakers and industry experts.
Reliable Support System at Taylor’s University
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
Programme Structure for the Taylor’s University Foundation in Computing Programme
Subjects for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- English I
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Practical IT Skills
- Algebra and Calculus
- Social Media
- English II
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Introduction to E-business
- Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving
- Discrete Mathematics
- .Net Technology
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Pass with min. 5 credits including English and Mathematics / Additional Mathematics with a pass in Bahasa Melayu and History
- O Level
Pass with min. 5 credits including English and Mathematics / Additional Mathematics
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
Pass with min. 3Bs including Mathematics and a pass in English
Entry Requirements for Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are not sure of what they want to study can go for the flexible Foundation in Arts & Technology Programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie that will stream them into the various degree programmes in business, computing, communication, creative arts, hospitality, culinary arts, offered.
- Game development
This flexible programme ensures students are grounded with a strong grasp of core subjects according to
their choice of programmes at degree level, as well as a variety of other subjects to give them a broad-based education platform. It also helps them to explore new methods and ideas, as well as skills and concepts, to encourage independent and critical thinking.
Upon completion, students will be able to articulate seamlessly into various degree programmes, offered at KDU.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Game Development (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Students interested to register online for KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie’s course can click on this link. Scholarships are available for deserving students.
Subjects for the Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Total of 17 modules
(6 compulsory modules)
- Creative Studies
- Critical Writing and Referencing
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Creative Concepts
- Introduction to Communication
(8 modules according to stream)
|GAME ART||GAME DESIGN / COMMUNICATION||GAME TECHNOLOGY / COMPUTING||BUSINESS / HOSPITALITY|
- Cultural Studies
- Pengajian Malaysia 1 (Malaysian Students)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Study Skills
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
|ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION||MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
||Pass with min. 5 Credits (inclusive of passes in English and Mathematics)|
||Min. 3 Credits (inclusive of passes in English and Mathematics)|
|Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency)||Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts)|
- Students who will be continuing their studies in Accounting degree programmes, or in the Game Technology specialisation of the Game Development programme, must have obtained a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level.
- Students who will be continuing their studies in Computer Science and Software Engineering degree programmes must have obtained a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
|Local Student :||Credit (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination)|
|International Student :||Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based) or 525 (paper-based) in TOEFL|
*If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at KDU University College.
Entry Requirements for Foundation In Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
This affordable Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology Programme in Malaysia prepares students for undergraduate degree studies in Engineering or Computing at First City University College. The duration for the Foundation is 1 year (3 semesters) with intakes in January, March and May of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels including the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College. After the 1-year Foundation, you can continue on to the computing degree programmes at First City University College.
Students should choose top private universities in Malaysia for their electrical & electronic engineering education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
Why Study Computing at First City UC?
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
- SPM (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
- SPM (Art stream): Minimum 7 credits (inclusive of English, Mathematics and General Science)
- UEC: Minimum 4 Bs (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
- GCE O Level (Art stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English, Mathematics and General Science)
- GCE O Level (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English and Mathematics)
SEMESTER 1 MODULE CONTENT
- • Analytical Mathematics
- • Communication and Study Skills
- • Computer Technology
- • Personal and Professional Development
- • Advance Office Software
SEMESTER 2 MODULE CONTENT
- • Calculus Mathematics
- • Mechanics ** / #
- • Instrumentation and Measurements **
- • Fundamental Electrical and Electronic Engineering **
- • Software Design Techniques***
- • Web Design***
- • Structured Programming ***
- • Fundamentals in Chemistry #
- • Physical Chemistry #
SEMESTER 3 MODULE CONTENT
- • Engineering Mathematics ** / #
- • Applied Physics ** / #
- • Materials Science **
- • Group Project • Database ***
- • Object-Oriented Programming***
- • Systems Analysis and Design***
- • Organic and Inorganic Chemistry # **
Students who wish to specialise in Engineering are required to take these elective modules.
*** Students who wish to specialise in Computing are required to take these elective modules.
Students who wish to specialise in Science are required to take these elective modules.
- For SPM students, a pass in Malay Language and History is required.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com
Categories: Best Universities in Malaysia, Best University in Malaysia for Computing & ICT, Best University in Malaysia for Foundation, Best University in Malaysia for Pre-University, Choose the Right Course, Entry Requirements for Universities in Malaysia, Study in Malaysia, top private universities in Malaysia, where to study after SPM