All You Need to Know About What is Artificial Intelligence (Ai), Job Demand, Salary, Degree Courses, Top Universities & Why Study this Course
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
In order to meet the high demand of delivering faster, relevant and holistic services to today’s customers, it is estimated that about 70 percent of organisations will integrate Artificial Intelligence (AI) to assist employee productivity by 2021. However, only 26 percent of companies in Malaysia have actually begun integrating AI into their operations, according to a survey that was conducted in 2018. The low adoption rate is attributed to two key barriers that are related to organisational culture on AI and limited employee skill sets.
Therefore, the demand for qualified and trained professionals in Artificial Intelligence (AI) is high in Malaysia. With the emergence of new possibilities and opportunities through the power of emerging technologies, students must take advantage and choose courses that will be relevant in their future jobs.
You might also be interested in:
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Job Demand in Malaysia Makes it a Top Course to Study
- Study Artificial Intelligence (AI) at a Top University in Malaysia – A Course with High Job Demand & Salary
- Top 4 Private Universities in Malaysia for Artificial Intelligence (Ai) or Intelligent Systems Degree Course
- Which is the Best University in Malaysia to Study Artificial Intelligence (Ai)?
- What is Artificial Intelligence (Ai) & the Best Private Universities in Malaysia to Study this Course
- Top 3 Universities in Malaysia Best for Data Science Degree Course
- Best Data Science or Data Analytics Degree Courses in Malaysia
- A Fantastic Choice When you Choose to Study Data Science or Data Analytics in Malaysia Because it has High Job Demand & Salary
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
All You Need to Know About Artificial Intelligence (Ai) in Malaysia
Rise of Artificial Intelligence (Ai)
With the evolution of technology, the current job landscape in Malaysia has changed drastically. In many industries and countries, the current in-demand occupations or specialties did not exist 10 or even five years ago. The rise of technology has led to a disruption in the way we work and live. The Digital Era has changed the way we work.
Malaysia government’s focus was also in line with its efforts to meet the challenges of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0) that requires highly skilled human capital. More new job opportunities would emerge as the digital revolution unfolded, and cited the World Economic Forum’s estimate that 65% of the workforce will work in the yet to be created job sector because it requires digital skills.
There will be a substantial rise in specialised processors, such as GPUs and chips, that implement Artificial Intelligence or AI architectures which determine how a network processes and routes information and maintains security, privacy, and integrity.
Quantum computing and engineering will continue to be in an aggressive hype phase in 2020, but the ability to control, measure, and error-correct quantum systems as the number of qubits grows will be important from the start.
Leading technology giants Facebook, Google, Amazon are all excited about Artificial Intelligence. Google CEO Sundar Pichai emphasized in 2017 just how important AI is to the future of the company, stating, “I’m really happy with how we are transitioning to an AI-first company.
The Google Assistant is one of our first steps towards that future…Advances in machine learning are helping us make many Google products better… Beyond that, we continue to set the pace in machine learning and AI research.” — Alphabet 1Q17 Earnings Call
In addition, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos shared at the Code Conference in California “It’s hard to overstate how big of an impact AI is going to have on society over the next 20 years.”
Example of How AI is Applied in Future Jobs
In a competitive business environment, customer satisfaction and retention is key. Businesses must find ways to communicate and deliver to their customers seamlessly and immediately. The new generation of customers are technologically savvy and demand immediate attention to their needs.
In this landscape, the use of Ai will help businesses to listen to the needs of the customer, understand their needs and resolve any problems. Ai will deepen customer engagement through machine learning and automation.
Conversational Service Automation is about enabling front office automation in contact centres.
Consider this scenario: A customer starts a conversation with a chatbot for quick self-service. The bot is able to provide some quick and valuable updates based on the customer’s previous interactions. If the conversation gets more complex, the voice bot politely hands the call to a human agent via a live transfer. The agent is assisted through real-time analytics and chat transcripts to be able to make the next best offer which the customer gladly accepts.
This automation backed by real-time analytics is continuously self-learning, enabling real-time listening of conversations across channels and then converting them into actionable insights.
As a result, a win-win situation is created where businesses can reduce work pressure on call centre agents, improve accuracy of information and greater customer satisfaction.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
We are surrounded by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and we often use it without realizing. Every time you ask Siri or Bixby to do a task, use a Tiktok filter, have junk mail filtered from your inbox, or get a traffic update on Waze, AI is at work.
Basically, Artificial intelligence is the use of a program, or algorithm, to perform a task which requires humans to use our intelligence. Just as we use our brains to learn from new information gathered by our senses, AI learns from information fed to it—either many examples of an image, say, or the rules of a game—and processed according to how it is programmed. When AI is programmed to follow an algorithm, it is called machine learning. AI can handle massive amounts of data that our brains simply cannot cope with.
In 1956, John McCarthy defined the term Artificial Intelligence (Ai) as: ‘The science and engineering of making intelligent machines.’
In addition, Artificial Intelligence can be understood as the development of computer systems that can perform tasks requiring human intelligence. Human intelligence such as decision making, detecting objects, solving complex problems and so on. Basically, Ai is when a machine performs an “intelligent” task.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) means getting a computer to mimic human behavior in some way.
- Machine learning is a subset of AI, and it consists of the techniques that enable computers to figure things out from the data and deliver AI applications.
- Deep learning, meanwhile, is a subset of machine learning that enables computers to solve more complex problems.
What are the Types Of Learning In Artificial Intelligence?
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence
- Artificial General Intelligence
- Artificial Super Intelligence
These are the three stages through which AI can evolve, rather than the 3 types of Artificial Intelligence.
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)
- Also known as Weak AI, ANI is the stage of Artificial Intelligence involving machines that can perform only a narrowly defined set of specific tasks. At this stage, the machine does not possess any thinking ability, it just performs a set of pre-defined functions.
- Examples of Weak AI include Siri, Alexa, Self-driving cars, Alpha-Go, Sophia the humanoid and so on. Almost all the AI-based systems built till this date fall under the category of Weak AI.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
- Also known as Strong AI, AGI is the stage in the evolution of Artificial Intelligence wherein machines will possess the ability to think and make decisions just like us humans.
- There are currently no existing examples of Strong AI, however, it is believed that we will soon be able to create machines that are as smart as humans.
- Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)
- Artificial Super Intelligence is the stage of Artificial Intelligence when the capability of computers will surpass human beings. ASI is currently a hypothetical situation as depicted in movies and science fiction books, where machines have taken over the world.
Further Definitions of the Types of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
When explaining the different types of Artificial Intelligence systems, we can categorize them based on their functionalities. Based on the functionality of AI-based systems, these are the following types:
- Reactive Machines AI
- Limited Memory AI
- Theory Of Mind AI
- Self-aware AI
Reactive Machine AI
This type of AI includes machines that operate solely based on the present data, taking into account only the current situation. Reactive AI machines cannot form inferences from the data to evaluate their future actions. They can perform a narrowed range of pre-defined tasks.
An example of Reactive AI is the famous IBM Chess program that beat the world champion, Garry Kasparov.
Limited Memory AI
Like the name suggests Limited Memory AI, can make informed and improved decisions by studying the past data from its memory. Such an AI has a short-lived or a temporary memory that can be used to store past experiences and hence evaluate future actions.
Self-driving cars are Limited Memory AI, that uses the data collected in the recent past to make immediate decisions. For example, self-driving cars use sensors to identify civilians crossing the road, steep roads, traffic signals and so on to make better driving decisions. This helps to prevent any future accidents.
Theory Of Mind AI
The Theory Of Mind AI is a more advanced type of Artificial Intelligence. This category of machines is speculated to play a major role in psychology. This type of AI will focus mainly on emotional intelligence so that human believes and thoughts can be better comprehended.
The Theory of Mind AI has not yet been fully developed but rigorous research is happening in this area.
Let’s just pray that we don’t reach the state of AI, where machines have their own consciousness and become self-aware. This type of AI is a little far fetched given the present circumstances. However, in the future, achieving a stage of superintelligence might be possible.
What are the Different Branches Of Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be roughly divided into symbolic or rules-based computing—typical ‘if-then’ statements—and machine learning, where AI is programmed with an algorithm that can modify itself as it gains new information.
There are different ways machine learning can be employed: deep learning by using artificial neural networks, reward-based learning, and learning based on statistical principles. Many AI programs are used for analyzing and processing images or speech or extracting information from them. Deep learning is often used for making predictions, like medical diagnoses or possible credit card fraud.
Artificial Intelligence can be used to solve real-world problems by implementing the following processes/ techniques:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Expert Systems
- Fuzzy Logic
A subset of AI called Machine Learning is also taking AI to the next level. Machine Learning provides systems or machines the ability to learn and improve without being explicitly programmed. It is a computer-based learning achieved by following an algorithm (a set of instructions or rules) to maximize the chance of a prediction being correct.
In other words, the capability of machines to learn for themselves including the ability to analyze extensive volumes of data to identify patterns and predict outcomes without the need for human intervention.
Any program that improves its performance based on new inputs is an example of machine learning. It may involve artificial neural networks, but doesn’t have to.
Machine Learning is the science of getting machines to interpret, process and analyze data in order to solve real-world problems.
Under Machine Learning there are three categories:
- Supervised Learning
- Unsupervised Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
Deep Learning is the process of implementing Neural Networks on high dimensional data to gain insights and form solutions. Deep Learning is an advanced field of Machine Learning that can be used to solve more advanced problems.
A type of machine learning that uses ‘deep’ neural networks. The word ‘deep’ refers to the many layers in the neural network. Deep learning is how most of today’s artificial intelligence programs operate.
Deep Learning is the logic behind the face verification algorithm on Facebook, self-driving cars, virtual assistants like Siri, Alexa and so on.
Natural Language Processing
Natural Language Processing (NLP) refers to the science of drawing insights from natural human language in order to communicate with machines and grow businesses.
Twitter uses NLP to filter out terroristic language in their tweets, Amazon uses NLP to understand customer reviews and improve user experience.
Robotics is a branch of Artificial Intelligence which focuses on different branches and application of robots. AI Robots are artificial agents acting in a real-world environment to produce results by taking accountable actions.
Sophia the humanoid is a good example of AI in robotics.
Fuzzy logic is a computing approach based on the principles of “degrees of truth” instead of the usual modern computer logic i.e. boolean in nature.
Fuzzy logic is used in the medical fields to solve complex problems that involve decision making. They are also used in automatic gearboxes, vehicle environment control and so on.
An expert system is an AI-based computer system that learns and reciprocates the decision-making ability of a human expert.
Expert systems use if-then logical notations to solve complex problems. It does not rely on conventional procedural programming. Expert systems are mainly used in information management, medical facilities, loan analysis, virus detection and so on.
Why is Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Important for you to Consider as a Career Path?
Artificial Intelligence (Ai) as a career is big now and will become extremely high in demand in the future. Students who are interested in Computer Science may consider this as a specialisation. Employers and companies in Malaysia and globally are scrambling to get graduates who are proficient in Artificial Intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) automates repetitive learning and discovery through data. But AI is different from hardware-driven, robotic automation. Instead of automating manual tasks, AI performs frequent, high-volume, computerized tasks reliably and without any rest or stopping. For this type of automation, human inquiry is still important to set up the system and ask the right questions.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) adapts through progressive learning algorithms to let the data do the programming. AI finds structure and regularities in data so that the algorithm acquires a skill: The algorithm becomes a classifier or a predictor. So, just as the algorithm can teach itself how to play chess, it can teach itself what product to recommend next online. And the models adapt when given new data. Back propagation is an AI technique that allows the model to adjust, through training and added data, when the first answer is not quite right.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) gets the most out of data. When algorithms are self-learning, the data itself can become intellectual property. The answers are in the data; you just have to apply AI to get them out. Since the role of the data is now more important than ever before, it can create a competitive advantage. If you have the best data in a competitive industry, even if everyone is applying similar techniques, the best data will win.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) adds intelligence to existing products. In most cases, AI will not be sold as an individual application. Rather, products you already use will be improved with AI capabilities, much like Siri was added as a feature to a new generation of Apple products or Bixby to Samsung products. Automation, conversational platforms, bots and smart machines can be combined with large amounts of data to improve many technologies at home and in the workplace, from security intelligence to insurance or investment analysis.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) analyzes more and deeper data using neural networks that have many hidden layers. Building a fraud detection system with five hidden layers was almost impossible a few years ago. All that has changed with incredible computer power and big data. You need lots of data to train deep learning models because they learn directly from the data. The more data you can feed them, the more accurate they become.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) achieves incredible accuracy through deep neural networks – which was previously impossible. For example, your interactions with Alexa, Google Search and Google Photos are all based on deep learning – and they keep getting more accurate the more we use them. In the medical field, AI techniques from deep learning, image classification and object recognition can now be used to find cancer on MRIs with the same accuracy as highly trained radiologists.
What is the Job Demand for Big data, AI and cybersecurity skills in Malaysia?
When choosing the right course to study in Malaysia, one important criteria that students should look at is the job demand. Choosing to study a course that has future potential high job demand and salary would ensure that you have a higher chance of a successful career that would support your lifestyle goals.
With the evolution of technology, the current job landscape in Malaysia has changed drastically. In many industries and countries, the current in-demand occupations or specialties did not exist 10 or even 5 years ago. The rise of technology has led to a disruption in the way we work and live. The Digital Era has changed the way we work.
Meanwhile in the tech and transformation industry, candidates moving jobs can expect salary increments of 20% to 30%, and the top skills in demand are big data and AI, cybersecurity, and agile and scrum. The top trends in this sector are emerging tech and digital transformation, e-wallets and payments, and digital forensics and cybersecurity.
Like sales and marketing professionals, only 18% of tech and transformation professionals stay less than two years in a role.
About 45% of professionals in this sector expect a 7% to 15% annual salary increment while 43% expect 0% to 6%. Meanwhile, 12% expect an annual salary increment of more than 15%. The top motivators for moving jobs are career progression 931%0, better compensation and benefits (26%), improved work-life balance (14%), and a change in role and responsibilities (11%).
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) in its Future of Jobs report, characterises Industry 4.0 as the developments of genetics, artificial intelligence, networked devices, robotics, nanotechnology, 3D printing and other smart technologies.
- In Malaysia, IT spending in 2018 is forecast to rise 5.7% to RM65.2 billion, faster than the projected global pace of 4.5%. The increased spending will be focus on adopting business digitalisation, blockchain technology and big data to encourage learning and artificial intelligence. According to Kelly Services 2018/2019 Salary Guide, 1 million professionals in the digital space is required in Malaysia by 2025.
- 11 per cent to 54 per cent of jobs in Malaysia can be significantly affected by AI in the next two decades and 7.4 per cent of Malaysian workers are at risk of being displaced by 2028.
Why Study Artificial Intelligence at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Intelligent Systems is an area of study in Computer Science that focuses on creating computer systems that perform tasks that require human intelligence. This can include visual perception, decision-making, translation, and even speech recognition.
Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is changing the way we live our lives drastically. Studying AI gives you an insight into how these changes are happening and what to expect next, placing you in a perfect position to become involved in these changes yourself.
Getting a degree in Artificial Intelligence (AI) from a top private university in Malaysia is one of the best qualifications you can have for a technical career where you will learn valuable programming skills. In addition, the AI degree is a good general degree as it demonstrates a broad education, analytical skills and an enquiring mind. It opens a wide range of career options for you allowing you to venture into other fields.
Study at a Top Private University in Malaysia for Ai
Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is increasing its presence in our everyday lives and will change the way we live. Ai has uses in a variety of industries from gaming, media, to finance, as well as in the state-of-the-art research fields from robotics, medical diagnosis, and quantum science.
In an Ai degree programme students will learn the basics and applications of AI, including: machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, robotics, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Most artificial intelligence degree programs will cover subjects such as artificial life, robotics, software engineering, computer programming, and machine learning. Students will also be able to choose some modules of their own interest from the electives.
It will vary depending on which university you are applying to but generally you can choose from subjects such as systems programming, mobile interfaces, networking systems, data mining and security systems.
There are many advantages of studying in top private universities in Malaysia for the artificial intelligence (Ai) course, starting from getting a good and stable life ahead to working in the best of the environments. Students will also get to learn from the best lecturers.
Because of the high entry requirements for top universities, your course mates will be just as brilliant as you are having the same like mindedness to achieve success in your academics as well as future career. The top notch education that you receive will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to obtain a high paying job and achieve financial stability quickly.
Therefore, don’t make the mistake of choosing the cheapest university for your education, choose the best university to study your artificial intelligence (ai) degree.
Below are summaries of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Intelligent Systems degree programmes offered at top private universities in Malaysia. To help you choose the right university to study artificial intelligence, you may contact me for further guidance.
Where to Study Artificial Intelligence in Malaysia?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Intelligent Systems is an area of study in Computer Science that focuses on creating computer systems that perform tasks that require human intelligence. This can include visual perception, decision-making, translation, and even speech recognition. Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is changing the way we live our lives drastically. Choosing to study at the best private university in Malaysia for artificial intelligence makes you one step closer to an exciting career that will bring you a rewarding salary.
There are not many private universities in Malaysia offering the degree in Artificial Intelligence. This course is generally parked under the Computer Science Faculty. Malaysia’s Top Private Universities for Artificial Intelligence (Ai) or Intelligent Systems are
To get in-depth knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (Ai), you can enroll for the degree programme at top ranked private universities such as:
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- First City University College
What are the Advantages of Studying Artificial Intelligence (AI) at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
There are many advantages of studying in top private universities in Malaysia for the artificial intelligence course, starting from getting a good and stable life ahead to working in the best of the environments. Students will also get to learn from the best lecturers.
Because of the high entry requirements for top universities, your course mates will be just as brilliant as you are having the same like mindedness to achieve success in your academics as well as future career.
Group work will be easier as they will all be working hard to achieve the same goals.
The top notch education that you receive will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to obtain a high paying job and achieve financial stability quickly. In addition, your exposure and experience will give you insight to venture into creating new businesses or career pathways. Therefore, don’t make the mistake of choosing the cheapest university for your education, choose the best university.
Who Should Study Artificial Intelligence (Ai)?
Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys working on intelligent computer systems? Would you like to know more about topics such as data mining, machine learning and information retrieval?
If this is who you are, then the degree in Artificial Intelligence is the right choice for you. You will learn how to use and develop computer systems that can learn from experience, recognise patterns in large amounts of data and reason strategically in complex decision-making situations.
Fast Facts about Studying Artificial Intelligence (Ai) in Malaysia
- Learn about systems that simulate human intelligence
- Diverse applications, from game design to patient diagnosis
- Only a few private universities in Malaysia offer the degree in Artificial Intelligence (Ai)
- Mainly offered in the Computer Science area
- Computer science and artificial intelligence go hand-in-hand towards creating AI development. Students who are interested in machine intelligence require basic knowledge in many aspects of computer science like computational language and algorithms.
- 3-year degree full time
- Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
What will you Study in a Degree in Artificial Intelligence in Malaysia?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is increasing its presence in our everyday lives and will change the way we live. Ai has uses in a variety of industries from gaming, media, to finance, as well as in the state-of-the-art research fields from robotics, medical diagnosis, and quantum science. In an Ai degree programme students will learn the basics and applications of AI, including: machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, robotics, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Most artificial intelligence degree programs will cover subjects such as artificial life, robotics, software engineering, computer programming, and machine learning. Students will also be able to choose some modules of their own interest from the electives. It will vary depending on which university you are applying to but generally you can choose from subjects such as systems programming, mobile interfaces, networking systems, data mining and security systems.
Below is a Sample of Subjects in the Artificial Intelligence (Ai) Degree Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- Computer Fundamentals
- Databases and Interfaces
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematics for Computer Scientists
- Programming and Algorithms
- Programming Paradigms
- Software Engineering
- Systems and Architecture
- Algorithms Correctness and Efficiency
- Artificial Intelligence Methods
- Language and Computation
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Software Maintenance
- C++ Programming
- Introduction to Human Computer Interaction
- Introduction to Image Processing
- Autonomous Robotic Systems
- Computer Vision
- Designing Intelligent Agents
- Individual Dissertation
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Mathematical Techniques
- Computer Programming
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Discrete Mathematics and Probability
- Computer Architecture and Organisation
- Data Communications and Networking
- Object Oriented Programming
- System Analysis and Design
- Technopreneur Venture
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Graphics
- Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Computational Science
- Pattern Recognition
- Computational Intelligence
- Agent Technology
- Expert Systems
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Semantic Web Technology
Artificial Intelligence (Ai) 2+1 Degree Course at Top Ranked University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus computer science with artificial intelligence course is designed to develop both your general understanding of computer science and more specialist skills and knowledge in artificial intelligence (AI). In addition to fundamental computer science modules, the course covers topics including computer vision, expert systems, heuristic optimisation, the history and philosophy of artificial intelligence, intelligent agents, machine learning, neural networks and other intelligent systems.
By following this programme, you will learn how to develop new methodologies and novel computational techniques for the creation of human-like intelligence.You will spend your final year in the UK where you will study advanced AI techniques with specialist staff.
The BSc in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence from the University of Nottingham is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS). This is an external recognition of the excellence of our teaching, and it is also a recognition that the skills that you learn while studying the degree are of relevance to industry. Graduates from this degree may join the BCS, and with typically five years of industry experience, graduates may achieve UK chartered engineer (CEng) status.
Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka Offers the Best Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Artificial Intelligence) in Malaysia
Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia is ranked in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems, 2017. Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that Multimedia University (MMU) is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employmentHaving won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Information Technology in Malaysia. Therefore, it is undeniably the best university in Malaysia for students to study the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Artificial Intelligence) degree that’s also affordable.
The objective of this three-year Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Artificial Intelligence) degree programme at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka is to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills required to be successful in building the much-needed intelligent computer systems.
Intelligent Systems at the Best Computing University in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Intelligent Systems degree programme at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- The ability to design and develop systems that exploit artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning, fuzzy logic, natural language processing, etc.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new applications of artificial intelligence
Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) Degree Programme at First City University College
The Bachelor of Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) (Hons) at First City University College offers a programme that equips students with knowledge, skills and techniques that enable students to analyze, design and develop complex cognitive systems.
With the fast evolvement of technology and the emergence of creative and innovative machine and software, the programme provides skills and knowledge to students to perceive the environment and react accordingly in an intelligent manner.
With the trending technologies of cloud computing, big data analytics and Internet of Things, the programme will produce students with the ability to learn and to thereby adapt to complex and changing environments, requirements and users.
At the end of this specially-designed programme, graduates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Intelligent Systems; apply theoretical principles, data structures and algorithms to optimize the performance of Intelligent Systems; and apply computing skills and methodology to analyse, design, develop and evaluate Intelligent Systems.