With High Job Demand, Studying Digital Marketing at the Best University in Malaysia will Ensure a Good Future
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
While traditional media formats still accounted for the majority of advertising spending in Malaysia this year, digital advertising expenditure is expected to increase considerably by 2020. Malaysia is on the cusp of a dynamic growth in the digital marketing sector, according to Tom Osborne, Regional Director of Hays Malaysia.
Companies realise that they have to be on digital, that they need to be on Facebook or YouTube and have a website, or they are going to miss out. Currently, those that are working in Digital Marketing possess degrees that are no related. Therefore, there is an incredible opportunity for students who actually pursue a degree in Digital Marketing at a top private university in Malaysia. These graduates will be able to secure good jobs, as Malaysian businesses are seeking digital experience in all their marketers.
For more information on which university is the best for Digital Marketing in Malaysia contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study Digital Marketing Because there is a Future High Job Demand and Salary in Malaysia
With the evolution of technology, the current job landscape in Malaysia has changed drastically. In many industries and countries, the current in-demand occupations or specialties did not exist 10 or even five years ago. The rise of technology has led to a disruption in the way we work and live. The Digital Era has changed the way we work.
Malaysia government’s focus was also in line with its efforts to meet the challenges of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0) that requires highly skilled human capital. More new job opportunities would emerge as the digital revolution unfolded, and cited the World Economic Forum’s estimate that 65% of the workforce will work in the yet to be created job sector because it requires digital skills.
As the digital economy grows, Malaysia must be prepared to choose jobs that will be in demand in the future as well as still exist. 75 million job roles are expected to disappear by 2022 according to the “Future of Jobs Report 2018” by the World Economic Forum,. Furthermore, another 133 million roles are expected to emerge.
The digital marketing industry is booming, and professionals with skills in digital marketing are in high demand. Businesses are looking for experienced Digital Marketers to provide strategic direction on which online channels would best complement traditional marketing efforts. As businesses continue to move towards selling their products and services via online channels, we are seeing increasing demand for Digital Marketing Managers who can sell advertising space on these platforms. Being a major income source for advertising agencies, there will continue to be a high demand for these individuals.
Who Should Study Digital Marketing?
Students who are
- A strong command of the English language
- Understands business and marketing strategy
- Love social media
- Creative problem solvers
- Interested to learn new things
- Able to adapt quickly
- Understand trends
What Will You Learn in the Digital Marketing Degree Course in Malaysia?
In the First Year of the Digital Marketing Degree, Students will learn fundamental essential skills required by every business management professional, and the basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, People Management and Accounting.
Students will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills, quantitative skills and independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they are exposed to solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
In the Second Year, a broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of the broad range of digital tools, and the specialized skills to apply frameworks and planning techniques for the interactive digital marketing.
They will gain solid understanding of the support of digital marketing in modern organizational operations. Creativity and innovation as well as independent learning will be nurture in order to prepare studentss for the digitally spherical marketing environments.
After Year 2, students will go for a 16-week internship.
Finally, in the Third Year, students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity of digital marketing strategies, discovering new opportunities, exploiting competitive advantage and decision making processes, with aims to groom them as digitally savvy marketing specialist.
A final year project requires them to take a hands on digital marketing project so as to apply all the expertise and skills acquired from both the classroom and internship settings. The successful completion of the final year project is a testament of the student’s ability to face the major digital marketing scenarios with confidence and dexterity.
Subjects in the Digital Marketing Degree Course in Malaysia
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Business Law
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Creativity and Innovation
- International Culture and Communications
- Business Research Methods
- Integrated Marketing Communications 1
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- Digital Marketing
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Behavioural Science & Marketing Analytics
- Enabling Technologies for Digital Marketing
Education Pathway for the Digital Marketing Degree Course in Malaysia
With at least 5 credits in SPM, IGCSE or O-Levels including English, students can go into the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for a year and then continue into the Digital Marketing degree for 3 years.
The other way is to go for the Diploma in Business or Diploma in Marketing for 2 years and then enter into the Digital Marketing Degree in Year 2 to finish that in another 2 years. You will need at least 3 credits including English in your SPM, IGCSE or O-Levels to join the diploma.
Entry Requirements for the Digital Marketing Degree Course in Malaysia
DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:
- STPM – 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Credit in English at SPM Level or its equivalent.
- A-LEVEL – 2 Passes in A-Level in any 2 subjects, and a Credit in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.
- UEC – 5 Grade B’s in UEC including English.
- MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION – Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0) with a Credit in English at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or equivalent.
DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:
- DIPLOMA – Successful completion of a related Diploma or
- Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Year 1 of an Honours Degree
- Students will need to submit the Transcripts, Course Outline, Syllabus, Letter of Completion, and SPM or O-Levels Certificate for evaluation for exemptions.
What do Digital Marketers Do in their Jobs in Malaysia?
Digital Marketing Managers are in charge of planning, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company’s brand, products, and services using the across all digital networks such as the web and social media. Basically, they come up with advertising strategies and campaigns on the web using all the available digital marketing tools.
Their duties include planning campaigns, analyzing metrics, and identifying trends. They typically have experience in art direction and social media.
A digital marketing manager is not just an expert in SEO but he/she needs to have a range of skills that relate to the different ways you can promote a website online and also skills that relate to planning, project control and team management.
They often focus on increasing sales through brand recognition and loyalty. A digital marketing manager must be well-versed in e-commerce and be able to keep up with the rapid changes in the digital marketplace.
Digital marketing managers are responsible for developing and overseeing online marketing strategies for businesses ranging from small startups to large corporations. They are in charge of overseeing projects and ensuring that digital marketing campaigns run smoothly from start to finish. They’d likely be responsible for leading teams as well as act as a key point of contact for clients in a B2B context. A digital marketing manager is also responsible to:
- Talk to the client – Communicate with the client and explain to them the benefits of digital marketing as a whole and most importantly the benefits and gains for their businesses.
- Design the digital marketing strategy – Use all the tools in his arsenal to create a complete strategy for promoting a business online.
- Communicate the strategy to the client and interested parties – Explain the strategy to the client and other interested parties (for example the experts and managers in his team).
- Monitor the execution of the plan – Monitor the execution of the digital marketing plan making sure that everything is executed correctly and on time.
- Optimize the strategy for even better results – Optimizing the strategy based on current results.
These are essentially business managers in the digital marketing agency, so they need to have good people skills while being able to both manage content and build strategy. Digital Marketing Managers should have a some knowledge in the following areas:
- Searh Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Business practices
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Web development
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Job Responsibilities for a Digital Marketing Manager
- Design and oversee all aspects of the digital marketing department including marketing database, email, and display advertising campaigns.
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets.
- Plan and manage social media platforms.
- Prepare accurate reports on the marketing campaign’s overall performance.
- Coordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting the client’s industry.
- Evaluate important metrics that affect the client’s website traffic, service quotas, and target audience.
- Work with your team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Oversee and manage all contests, giveaways, and other digital projects.
Job Demand for Digital Marketing Managers in Malaysia
The rapid evolution of digital marketing has created a “digital disconnect” in which the jobs market in technology, and more specifically digital marketing technology, is hungry for skilled workers in Malaysia.
According to recruiting experts Hays in Malaysia, the evolution of digital marketing is set to continue over the next decade and this will have a huge impact on the skills employers need.
“As the business landscape shifts, marketers must evolve with the times in order to fully connect with their customers and drive business growth,” says Chris Mead, Regional Director of Hays in Malaysia & Singapore.
“As marketing becomes more technology-based, harnessing and mastering ‘big data’ will be key to achieving competitive advantage. If companies are to remain market front-runners, they need to integrate their digital and social marketing channels into one customer journey.
“To do this, they require candidates with integrated offline and online channel experience,” said Chris.
Today, marketing is all about the numbers and understanding how to segment data, utilise big data, back-end technology and databases. In addition, your social media programmes and campaigns, and how you think about them, should be put in the context of your overall business and marketing objectives.
Digital marketing managers need to be able to determine if a visitor to their company’s website, iPhone app or Facebook page is a return visitor, a loyalty member, and what offers they may respond to. In the current jobs market small businesses and agencies are fighting for personnel who can do this, as well as manage accounts, run great campaigns and build content and social media marketing strategies that make an impact. But there is a shortage of the right talent.
What is the Salary for Digital Marketing Managers in Malaysia?
According to the 2020 Salary Survey by Robert Walters Malaysia Sales & Marketing Average Salaries, Digital Marketing Managers in the professional services are expected to earn between RM96,000 to RM216,000 per annum in 2020, while those in the consumer sector are expected to earn RM96,000 to RM180,000. Meanwhile, marketing directors in the industrial sector will earn between RM96,000 to RM140,000 per annum next year.
What will you work as in a Digital Marketing Career in Malaysia
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing cum Social Media Executive
- Digital Marketing Content Writer
- Digital Sales and Marketing Manager
- Online Business Manager
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Account Management
- Web Analytics Consultant
- Search and Social Media Specialist
- Web Content Management Analyst
- Digital Creative Diagnostics Manager
- Digital Marketing Communications
Categories: Best University in Malaysia for Marketing