Study Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia at the Best Universities for a Successful Career
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels planning to enter the degree in Banking, Finance or Investment at top private universities will need to go for the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts programme first.
Outstanding private universities in Malaysia for the Foundation in Business programmes are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University, Curtin University Sarawak, UCSI University, MAHSA University, First City University College, Berjaya University College of Hospitality and Nilai University.
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels may also go for the MQA Accredited Foundation in Arts programmes can also gain entry to accounting and business degree programmes. Top private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Foundation in Arts programme are Taylor’s University, UCSI University, HELP University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
First Rate Banking, Finance & Investment Degree Courses in Malaysia
Banking & Finance is a traditional career area for graduates in Malaysia, as is the wider financial services sector. Although many graduate entrants have a financial background there are also openings for those with degrees in other subjects: you can expect good training on a graduate programme and there may be a chance to extend your knowledge through professional exams.
The banking and finance industry in plays a crucial role in Malaysia in promoting and sustaining its economic growth. It safeguards the interests of its customers, sells its services and encourages investments. Different types of banks offer different kinds of services to different groups of customers.
Finance is concerned with decision making within financial and capital markets and the financial instruments that are traded in those markets and looks at how these interactions facilitate the flow of funds and the control of risk.
Finance deals with financing and investment decisions and considers the the development of risk-hedging strategies so as to minimise the damaging effects of adverse movements in share prices, interest rates, exchange rates, and other uncertainties.
Today, many banks are commercial institutions that provide many financial services such as current and savings accounts, mortgages, credit cards, loans, insurance and investment opportunities. With Internet Banking we can move money about without leaving the sofa. They are also very powerful and have the ability to influence the economy and vice-versa.
Other banks such as Bank Negara regulate the interest rate, and investment banks guarantee the sales of bonds, stocks and shares in Malaysia. To have successful career in Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia, students have to choose the best university that offers these degree programmes.
To choose the best university, you need to look at the subjects offered as not all degrees with the title “Banking & Finance” or “Finance & Investment” are the same.
A degree in Banking, Finance & Investment provides an advanced financial education which covers both microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and policy. You will learn quantitative research and computing methods essential for economics and finance.
Private Universities in Malaysia with First Rate Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes
- Top ranked universities in Malaysia for Accounting degree programmes with ACCA exemptions are Curtin University Sarawak, Asia Pacific University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, UCSI University, MAHSA University, HELP University , KDU Penang University College and Sunway University.
- Malaysia’s best universities for Accounting and Finance degree courses with ACCA exemptions are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, Curtin University Sarawak, HELP Academy, UCSI University & First City University College
- Premier private universities for Accounting degree programmes with ACCA exemptions are Curtin University Sarawak, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, KDU Penang University College, HELP University and UCSI University.
- Malaysia’s top private universities and colleges for Finance degree programmes are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, Curtin University Sarawak, UCSI University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, HELP University & HELP Academy
- A great university in for the degree in Accounting & Finance degree with specialism in Internal Audit,
- An excellent private university for the Accounting & Banking dual major is Curtin University Sarawak.
- Top notch private universities in Malaysia for Banking & Finance degree courses are Curtin University Sarawak, Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University, UCSI University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and HELP University
- Malaysia’s leading private universities for Finance & Investment degree programmes are Asia Pacific University & UCSI University
- Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Finance & Economics degree courses are Taylor’s University and UCSI University
- An excellent university to study Investment and Risk Management, Forex and Investments and Financial Planning degree majors is Asia Pacific University
- Eminent universities for the Islamic Banking & Finance degree programmes are UCSI University and Asia Pacific University
- UCSI University is a Top ranked private university in Malaysia that uniquely offers the BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance degree programme.
Top Ranked Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Accounting and Business Diploma Programmes
- First rate universities in Malaysia for students after SPM or O-Levels to study Diploma in Accounting programmes are Asia Pacific University, MAHSA University, KDU Penang University College and KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Malaysia’s outstanding private universities for students after SPM or O-Levels to study the Diploma in Business Administration are Taylor’s University, UCSI University, Asia Pacific University, MAHSA University, HELP University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, KDU University College Penang and First City University College.
- Best private university in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Finance is Asia Pacific University (APU).
What you will study in Banking, Finance & Investment degree courses in Malaysia
The modules which you may study vary between the number of courses in banking and related financial areas that are available.
It is advisable to check with the institutions themselves as to the nature of the courses they offer before submitting your application, and the list below will give you an idea of the areas that you may be able to study:
- Economics and economic theory
- Corporate financial management
- Organisational theory
- Principles of banking
- Commercial lending
- International lending
- Financial statement analysis
- Financial institutions
- Comparative banking
- Business law
- Financial intermediation
- Asset and liability management
- The Stock Market
- International financial markets
- Investment management
- Banking operations and risk analysis
- Financial services law
- Information technology for business
- Quantitative financial modelling
- Trade theory and policy
- Bank strategy and management
- Languages for business and the financial industry
- Business analysis
- Corporate treasury management
- Credit analysis
- Modern financial institutions and markets
- Modern banking systems and monetary theory and policy
- Finance theory and risk management in banking
Brief Description of Some of the Subjects that you will Study in Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia
Finance, Financial Markets and Institutions
Finance is a global industry that offers a broad and complex array of products and services. It provides a broad understanding of the institutions, markets, products and services that comprise the financial sector, including key interrelationships and interdependencies between them, in the context of the wider economy and the current issues that affect and shape them.
And you will get an overview of the current regulatory framework within which the markets and institutions operate, incorporating the issues of professional ethics and financial crime.
Derivatives and Risk
Derivatives create volatility and risk – this module examines how such risk manifests itself and some of the derivative instruments now available to firms to enable them to manage such risk. In this module you will examine key instruments such as futures, forwards swaps and options. You will examine how such instruments may be applied and how they transform risk within the financial system.
This module is designed to develop your understanding of investment appraisal and portfolio management theory and techniques through their application in managing a ‘paper portfolio’ of investments.
You will learn to make informed investment decisions by researching potential investment opportunities, carrying out transactions, tracking and managing your portfolio through the use of both internet sources and university software packages.
Credit and Market Risk
The banking and financial services industry operates in a risk structured environment. The business is about the management and transfer of risk. Interest Rate Liquidity and Operational Risk, takes students through risk in banking and financial services. It focuses on the specific areas of Credit and Market risk within the context of the relevant regulatory framework and draws on case study material provided by high profile institutional failures.
Interest Rate, Liquidity and Operational Risk
The field of investment management is continually evolving to embrace current market thinking, issues in behavioural finance
and market irrationality. This module considers the management of investment through asset pricing, portfolio construction and portfolio management. It also explores the assumptions of investor rationality, investor irrationality and their impact on investment decision-making.
Economics of Financial Markets
Economics of Financial Markets explores the connection between the financial system and the wider economy. This module emphasises how financial markets operate efficiently to transfer funds from savers to borrowers through the workings of the money and capital markets. The module also examines how asset prices are determined by the equilibrium of supply and demand in these markets.
Quantitative Methods develops basic mathematical and statistical methods such as calculus, probability, hypothesis testing and univariate regression used extensively in Finance and Economics.
Accounting Principles examines the basic concepts of financial accounting, and how these may be used to construct and interpret the financial statement for an organisation.
Asset Pricing introduces the relationship between risk and return in financial markets and the role of arbitrage in determining asset prices.
- How security prices evolve and are determined
- How prices are determined in equilibrium
- The ways rational agents attempting arbitrage can link prices in different markets
- How market makers in exchanges match buyers and sellers (market microstructure)
- How agents use financial information to trade and how this enters the pricing mechanisms
- The ways intermediaries (such as money managers and hedge funds) affect markets and prices
- Whether observed prices and investment decisions can be rationalised by models of optimising agents
Portfolio Choice explores the rationale for holding portfolios and the advantages this brings as a way of diversifying risk for private investors and large financial institutions, such as insurance companies.
Introduction to Econometrics uses statistical methods to investigate selected financial and economic issues such as asset pricing, savings function, and household labour supply.
Corporate Finance undertakes analysis of company financing of investment projects; corporate tax policy; financial decisions and real activity; and the interaction of shareholders, creditors and managers.
Options and Futures
Options and Futures examines the structure of derivative markets that form a key role in risk management and hedging. The
module examines the principles of options and futures pricing and investment strategies with options and futures.
Applied Financial Analysis
Applied Financial Analysis deepens your understanding of statistical techniques utilised in the investigation of financial problems and issues. The module considers techniques for studying time-series data and applies these to problems of ‘efficiency’ in domestic and international financial markets and to asset pricing.
How organisations make financial policies and decisions. This can involve capital structure, investments, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, security issuance, dividends and ownership structure
What organisations can do to benefit their shareholders
Financial Risk Management in Banking
This module aims to allow students to develop an understanding of the process of financial risk management in banking, including financial markets and instruments, derivatives, various bank risks and their management, financial crisis and securitization, regulations, and the effect of accounting standards. This module provides students the opportunity to develop risk modelling skills, analytical and numerical skills in banking risk management practice.
The module aims to provide students with; – an understanding of money , monetary standards and the monetary sector; – an understanding of the evolution of monetary and banking economic theory and the seminal controversies since Hume and Bagehot; – the ability to apply monetary theory to public policy in a domestic and international context; and – investigate emerging and current issues of monetary policy and banking; – analyse public policy and safety of the financial system; – develop specialist knowledge suitable for further development via postgraduate study or professional employment.
This module explores the mathematics that underlies financial processes and financial decision making, and complements the study of these areas in economics and accounting. Specific areas include probability, extending interest ideas to annuities and bonds, modelling financial data using time series models and Markov chains, applying discrete methods for option pricing, and using utility to make decisions in risky environments.
Who should study Finance and Investment?
Anyone can get a business degree or do accounting, but in order to be in a finance career you must be outgoing and inquisitive. Though you’ll need to be good at mathematics, you also must be good and talking with people and making friendly conversation on a variety of subjects.
Therefore education, intelligence, and personality are all taken into account for finance jobs. Additionally, you must be diplomatic and consider your organization’s or client’s goals, resources, and options when discussing their options for financial growth and well-being.
Why should you study Finance and Investment?
One great reason to become a finance major is because of it’s more narrow focus, but it still allows you to explore a field that is dense with job opportunities.
A finance degree allows you to work with the decision makers of outside organizations. Examples of these organizations include: banks, government agencies, stockholders, suppliers, businesses, and more.
Being able to distinguish yourself with a finance degree will help you when searching for jobs, especially from a large number of business majors.
As a finance degree is harder to attain, it’s guaranteed to set you apart.
What will you work as in Malaysia after you graduate with a degree in Finance and Investment?
When you complete an undergraduate degree, you might decide to follow one of these career pathways: academic, investment banker, merchant banker, corporate banker, merger and acquisition specialist, corporate finance specialist, treasury specialist, stockbroker, and financial analyst.
- Research Analyst
- Credit Card Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Securities Research Associate
- Bank Examiner
- Financial Analyst,
- Financial Planner
- Corporate management
- International financial management
- Investment services
- Financial planning services
- Personal financial planning for individuals and private organizations
- Brokerage firms
- Insurance companies
- Commercial and investment banks
- Credit unions and private banks
- financial managers
- bank and insurance managers
- multinational funds managers
- investment analysts
- financial researchers in stockbroking firms, banks and government departments
- corporate financial managers or treasurers
- security and derivatives traders
- portfolio managers for trust funds, superannuation funds and insurance companies
- investment analysts in stock exchange markets
- management consultants
- corporate advisors in merchant banks, public accounting firms, and management consulting firms.Finance and Investment graduates in Malaysia get high salaries
Finance and Investment Jobs in Malaysia
These job profiles are examples of graduate careers in the accountancy, banking and finance sector in Malaysia
- Corporate investment banker
- Financial adviser
- Financial trader
- Insurance broker
- Insurance claims handler
- Investment analyst
- Pensions consultant
- Retail banker
- Tax adviser
- Credit and Loan Officers
- Finance Managers
- Financial Brokers
- Financial Dealers
- Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
- Investment Advisers
- Loans Officers
- Mortgage Specialist
- Compliance Officer – Business Processes & Administration
- Marketing Manager and Deposit Marketing Manager
- Business Analyst, Channel Strategy
- Credit Evaluation (Mortgage)
- Derivatives Documentation
- Fund Manager
- Domestic Market Interest Rate Risk Portfolio Management
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Corporate Finance & Treasury Executive
- Accounting and Regulatory Reporting
- Mortgage Financial Sales Executive / Manager
- Manager, Process Improvement, Customer Experience
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- REINSURANCE UNDERWRITER
- Portfolio Manager
- KYC Checker
- Senior Credit Manager
- Manager, CCPL Policy
- Real Time Floor Management Analyst
- Credit Risk Approver
- Manager, Process & Business Infrastructure (Commercial Clients)
- Relationship Manager, Institutional & Private Clients
- Assistant Manager, Project and Investigation
- Manager, Recovery
- Head of Credit Policy & Portfolio Risk, Unsecured & Business Clients
- Segment Proposition & Channel Engagement Manager
- Registrar and Transfer Agency Operations
- CDD Compliance Officer
- Segment Proposition & Channel Engagement Manager
- Manager, International Banking
- Client Coverage – Financial Market Operation
- Share Investment Executives
- Anti Money Laundering Analyst
- Fund Accountant
- Manager, Consumer Collection – Auto Loan
- Global Operation Officer( Trade / Forex / Cash & Securities)
- Deputy Manager, Compliance (AML)
- Model Validation Specialist, Risk Assurance, Group Risk Enterprise, Group Risk
- Global Banking & Market Executive
- Credit Management Manager
- Senior Manager, Compliance Governance and Competencies
- Manager – Funds Operations
- Team Leader – Post Approval Credit Review, Group Internal Audit
- Treasury and Trade Finance and Head
Areas within a bank that Banking and Finance graduates can find work in are:
Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Product Development & Wealth Management
- Investment & Insurance Services
- Consumer Credit & Risk
- Sales Management
- Finance & Planning
- Data Analytics
- Channels & Customer Service
- Credit Cards
- Relationship Management
- Business Banking & Development – New Business and Account Acquisition
- Financial Reporting and Control
- Management Reporting
- Financial Compliance
- Treasury Finance and Operations
- Treasury and capital markets products and services
High Job Demand and Salary in Malaysia for Finance, Banking and Investment Graduates
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a top recruitment agent for the best private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university.
EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University. In order to choose the right course, we need information on the salaries of the career of our choice. To help students make the right choices about choosing their career and course in the banking & finance industry in Malaysia, we have listed the average salaries plus some of the top private universities in Malaysia offering this course.
Banking & Finance Salaries in Malaysia According to Robert Walters Salary Survey
|Years of Experience||Min||Max|
|Relationship Manager||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Business Intelligence Manager||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Investment Analyst||5 to 10||8,000||19,000|
|Product Development Head||5 to 10||8,000||18,000|
|Shariah Head||5 to 10||8,000||21,000|
|Head Credit Risk||8 years||8,000||18,000|
|Head Sales||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Head Merchant||10 years||8,000||18,000|
|Senior Manager – Compliance||5 years||9,000||15,000|
|Branch Manager||5 to 6||5,500||12,000|
|Compliance Manager||4 to 5||6,500||9,500|
|Risk Management Manager||4 to 7||6,500||9,500|
|Fund Accountant Manager||3 to 7||5,500||9,000|
|Relationship Manager||3 to 5||4,000||7,500|
|Compliance Officer||4 to 5||3,500||7,000|
|Assistant Branch Manager||1 to 3||4,000||6,500|
|Credit Manager||1 to 3||3,500||6,000|
|Treasury Officer||4 to 5||3,500||6,500|
|Corporate Recovery Executive||4 to 5||3,000||5,500|
|Credit Analyst||4 to 5||3,500||7,500|
|Internal Auditor||2 to 3||2,500||3,500|
|Personal Financial Consultant||1 to 3||2,800||4,500|
Salary Range Per Month for Jobs In the Banking Industry in Malaysia according to Kelly Services Salary Report 2014/2015
- Relationship Manager with qualification in Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Business Intelligence Manager with qualification in Degree/Masters 8years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Investment Analyst with qualification in Degree/Professional 5-10years experience from RM8,000 to RM19,000
- Product Development Head with qualification in Degree/Masters 5-10 years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Shariah Head with qualification in Degree/Masters 5-10 years experience from RM8,000 to RM21,000
- Head Credit Risk with qualification in Degree 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Head Sales with qualification in Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Head Merchant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 10years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Senior Manager – Compliance with qualification in Degree 5years experience from RM9,000 to RM15,000
- Branch Manager with qualification in Degree 5-6years experience from RM5,500 to RM12,000
- Compliance Manager with qualification in Degree 4-5years experience from RM6,500 to
- Risk Management Manager with qualification in Degree 4-7years experience from RM6,500 to RM9,500
- Fund Accountant Manager with qualification in Degree 3-7years experience from RM5,500 to RM9,000
- Relationship Manager with qualification in Degree 3-5 years experience from RM4,000 to RM7,500
- Compliance Officer with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM7,000
- Assistant Branch Manager with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM4,000 to RM6,500
- Credit Manager with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Treasury Officer with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,500
- Corporate Recovery Executive with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,000 to RM5,500
- Credit Analyst with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM7,500
- Internal Auditor with qualification in Degree 2-3 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,500
- Personal Financial Consultant with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,500
- Sales Officer/Executivewith qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1years experience from RM2,300 to RM4,500
- Credit & Loans Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,300 to RM3,500
- Management Trainee with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,200
- Bank Clerk with qualification in SPM/STPM 0-1 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
- Bank Teller with qualification in SPM/STPM 1-3 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
- Loans Clerk with qualification in SPM/STPM 1-3 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
Salary Range Per Month for Jobs In Finance in Malaysia according to Kelly Services Salary Report 2014/2015
- Finance Manager with qualification in Degree 6-7 years experience from RM8,500 to RM13,000
- Finance and Administrative Manager with qualification in Post Graduate Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 5 years experience from RM8,000 to RM10,500
- Internal Audit Manager with qualification in Degree 5 years experience from RM10,000 to RM14,000
- Finance Manager – Investment with qualification in Degree 5-7 years experience from RM8,000 to RM12,000
- Senior Accountant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/ACCA/CIMA/ MACPA/CPA 6-7 years experience from RM8,000 to RM12,000
- Senior Auditor with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 4-5 years experience from RM7,000 to RM9,000
- Accountant with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 2-3 years experience from RM6,000 to RM8,000
- Claims Manager with qualification in Diploma/Degree 4-5 years experience from RM5,500 to RM7,500
- Credit Control Manager with qualification in Diploma/Degree 4-6 years experience from RM5,500 to RM7,500
- Accounts Payable Manager with qualification in Degree 3-4 years experience from RM5,000 to RM7,000
- Cost Accountant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/ACCA/CIMA/ MACPA/CPA 3-4 years experience from RM4,500 to RM7,000
- Financial Analyst with qualification in Degree 3-4 years experience from RM6,000 to RM7,500
- Finance Executive with qualification in LCCI Higher/Diploma/Professional Certificate 2-4 years experience from RM3,500 to RM5,000
- Team Leader – Accounts with qualification in Diploma/Degree 3-4 years experience from RM4,000 to RM6,500
- Auditor with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 2-3 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Senior Accounts Executive with qualification in LCCI Higher/Diploma/Professional Certificate 2-4 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Accounts Executive with qualification in LCCI Intermediate /Diploma/Professional Certificate 1-3 years experience from RM3,000 to RM4,500
- Underwriting Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,000
- Accounts Specialist (AP/AR) with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM4,000
- Fund Accounting Executive with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,500
- Credit Control Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 2-4 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,500
- Claims Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,500 to RM4,000
- Payroll Officer with qualification in SPM/LCCI 1-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,200
- Audit Assistant with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,000
- Accounts Assistant/Accounts Clerk with qualification in SPM/Certificate/Diploma 1-2 years experience from RM2,000 to RM2,800
- Credit Control Assistant with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-2 years experience from RM2,000 to RM2,800
The Best Universities in Malaysia to Study Finance, Banking & Investment
UK Top Ranked Accounting and Business Finance MA (Hons) Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s Accounting and Business Finance programme is a specialist degree, particularly suited to those seeking entry into the accounting profession, financial services or financial management. The value of such studies is also recognised by professional accountancy bodies which offer examination exemptions.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are interested in this course can enter the Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia before proceeding into the 3-year Accounting & Business Finance MA (Hons) or Business & Finance MA Degree Course.
The degree programmes at Heriot-Watt are career-focused and relevant to the needs of business and industry, leading employers to actively seek out their graduates. Heriot-Watt University work in partnership with the professions to develop and accredit our degrees, ensuring career-relevant education and an environment that helps to foster the leaders of tomorrow.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked 3rd in UK for Accounting and Finance in the 2016 Guardian University Guide.
Accreditation for the Accounting and Business Finance MA (Hons) at Top Ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The programme has been accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Graduates are eligible to apply exemptions from international Professional bodies:
- ACCA: up to 9 papers*
- ICAEW: up to 8 papers*
- CIMA: up to 8 papers*
*subject to results obtained by students; students joining the programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia from Year 1
Teaching and Assessment for the Accounting and Business Finance MA (Hons) at Top Ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials and project work. Course assessment is generally based on either coursework or an exam at the end of the semester, or a mixture of the two at the end of the semester or academic year.
The degree of Master of Arts (MA) is an undergraduate Honours degree, awarded by the ancient universities in Scotland and the UK including Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Cambridge and Oxford. At other universities in Scotland and the UK, undergraduate degrees in the arts, liberal arts, humanities or social sciences are awarded as Bachelor of Arts (BA).
Study the Business and Finance Master in Arts Degree Programme at the top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Business Management and Finance professionals work with executive and management teams to provide expert advice on the impacts and deployment of resources and processes throughout an organisation.
At the top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, you will learn how to apply business management and finance knowledge and skills to a range of different managerial, business and problem-solving situations, management decisions, compliance issues and governance.
The Business & Finance MA Degree Course At Heriot-Watt University Malaysia explores the interface between business and finance, in particular the management and business implications of financial decision-making. It is a specialist joint degree with equal emphasis given to the subject areas of business and finance.
The degree is particularly suited to students who wish to gain a firm grounding in business and management, but with an insight into the finance and financial operations of businesses and organisations. Key topics covered include accounting, business policy, corporate finance, economics, management and marketing.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link.Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Scholarships are availableat Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
First Rate Accounting & Finance Degree Courses at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993, Asia Pacific University has more than 9000 students from 90 countries studying in its Malaysian campus. This gives you an opportunity to build an international network while studying as well as gain invaluable cultural insights and communication skills. More than 95% of Asia Pacific University’s graduates are employed by graduation.
APU has achieved a Tier 5 ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2011 and SETARA 2013 which is Malaysia’s ranking system for universities. Students at Asia Pacific University will receive a dual award upon graduation – one from APU and the other from Staffordshire University, UK
The university is strategically located in Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil. Asia Pacific University will move to its new campus in 2016 which is also located inside Technology Park Malaysia. It is near condos and the Bukit Jalil LRT station. A free shuttle bus is provided for students to the LRT station and their accommodation which is about half the price compared to living in Subang.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the Diploma in Accounting with 3 credits and then enter into Year 2 of the degree. Alternatively, SPM or O-Level students with at least 5 credits may go for the Foundation at Asia Pacific University and then enter into the UK Dual Award Accounting & Finance degree.
The Dual Degree Programmes are offered through a unique collaborative partnership between APU and Staffordshire University, United Kingdom, through which Staffordshire accredits undergraduate programmes that are designed and delivered by APU.
- Staffordshire University is ranked 40 by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for accounting & finance
- Staffordshire University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide University Subject Tables 2015 for accounting & finance is 21
As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University is one of the best universities in Malaysia, they and their students have won the following awards:
- Tier 5 ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 and SETARA 2011 which is Malaysia’s ranking system for universities
- Their students have won the Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia) for 2010, 2011 & 2012 and have represented Malaysia in the Microsoft Imagine Cup (World) competition. For 2011, they won all the top 3 awards.
- Prime Minister Industry Excellence Award 2010
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2011 (Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia) – Champion of IPTS Debate Competition 2011
- Deloitte Inter-University Tax Competition 2011 – Merit Award
- World University Debates Championship 2010 – Runner-up in the Grand Final
- MSC-IHL Business Plan Competition (Institutions of Higher Learning Business Plan Competition by Multimedia Development Corporation)
- 2012 – Merit prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Grand prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Merit prize for Business Plan Category
Asia Pacific University’s School of Accounting, Finance and Quantitative Studies
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Forex & Investments
- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons) with specialism in Investment & Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking & Finance (Hons)
Top Rated UK Dual Award Accounting & Finance Degree Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the Accounting & Finance degree. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the 3-year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements. Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance at Taylor’s University will receive exemptions from ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and other professional bodies.
Since it’s inception in 1969, Taylor’s University has gained significant recognition as a leading private
education institution in Malaysia. Students wanting a top rated business degree can go for the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University. Students will receive a degree from Taylor’s University as well as the top ranked University of the West of England, UK.
Officially upgraded to University in September 2010, Taylor’s is one of Malaysia’s top private universities. Over 70% of Taylors University’s graduates are employed within 2 months. In addition, the university has strong partnerships with 3,000+ career partners in Malaysia and globally. These are just some of the reasons that Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the degree in Accounting & Finance.
Dual Degree awarded by Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) International Business
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) International Business & Marketing
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance & Economics
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Actuarial Studies
3-Year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance Programme at Taylor’s University
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University is designed to equip students with an in depth understanding in all areas of accounting and finance, including financial accounting, assurance, taxation, corporate finance and financial management.
The broad foundation and unique combination of skills prepare students for wide-array of careers in accounting and finance positions, including with the ‘Big Four’ accountancy firms, public listed companies and multinational corporations and government agencies.
3-Year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University
Professional Accreditation for the Accounting and Finance degree at Taylor’s University
- Graduates will be eligible to receive exemptions from recognised international professional bodies such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia and ICAEW.
- Graduates will be given an opportunity to obtain Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) upon successful completion of the programme.
- In-depth understanding in business, accounting and finance, via modules such as Corporate Reporting, Malaysian Taxation, Islamic Finance, Business Ethics & Values and Strategic Management.
- Understanding of the capital market through modules by Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC) and Bursa Malaysia Derivatives, such as Futures & Options, and Rules & Regulations of Futures & Options.
- Understanding of financial planning through module by Credit Counseling & Debt Management Agency (an agency under Bank Negara Malaysia), such as the Personal Financial Planning.
Industry Standard Software
To keep abreast with the latest industry advancements, the School implements MyAccounting Lab, a web-based tutorial and assessment software for accounting. More than accounting concepts, it teaches students how to learn by motivating them to persevere through difficult concepts and providing immediate feedback to measure their progress.
Students are thus empowered and better prepared to face their professional careers armed with the skills of problem-solving and communication, as well as a sense of confidence in their abilities as lifelong learners. This thorough understanding enables our students to integrate seamlessly into the industry upon graduation
Industry-relevant Curriculum at Taylor’s Business School
- The Module Adoption Programme (MAP) links theory to practice by inviting industry specialists such as Deloitte and PwC to give lectures, share experiences, case studies and projects to enhance students’ learning.
- Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Exec Track Programme) with CIMA and KPMG.
EXEC Track at Taylor’s Business School
The EXEC Track programme is an intensive fast track programme to nurture capable business leaders through a strategic partnership between Taylor’s University, KPMG Malaysia and CIMA. Through this programme, a select cohort of students are offered an exclusive opportunity to gain exceptional business knowledge, priceless industry exposure as well as mentorship, training and development of skills to excel in their future careers.
Open to all bachelor students at Taylor’s Business School, students undergo the CIMA Professional Qualification in Management Accounting while pursuing their degrees. In this way, our students are able to obtain the professional qualifications of becoming a highly sought-after Chartered Global Management Accountant upon graduation.
Upon completion of their studies at TBS, graduates will have the opportunity to work at KPMG Malaysia. They will be required to work on real projects under the guidance of professionals, instilling in them valuable industry exposure and real-world knowledge.
Award-Winning Business School at Taylor’s University
Taylor’s Business School students have continuously clinched awards in numerous local and international competitions, demonstrating their ability to apply classroom theories into practice, and excel in real-world scenarios. These competitions provide opportunities for Taylor’s students to test their knowledge and skills in competitive settings and benchmark their solutions against their peers. They also provide an avenue for students to network with peers, experts and industry leaders.
Taylor’s Business students have won the prestigious HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge 6 consecutive times as Champions and twice as Regional Champions.
- 2015 National Champion, Unilever Future Leader’s League
- 2014 International Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2014 National Champion HSBC Business Case Challenge
- 2014 2nd Runner-up L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2013 National Champion Deloitte Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy
- 2013 National Champion Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader Marketing Plan Competition
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Pertandingan Kuiz Pelaburan PNB
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Inter-Varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2012 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2012 National Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2012 2nd Runner-up CIMB ASEAN Youth Stock Challenge
- 2011 Champion Inter-varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2011 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2010 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 Champion CIMA Global Challenge
- 2008 1st Runner-up – Best Presenter Asia Best Young Speaker of Business English Competition
- 2006 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2005 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
Top Accounting Degree in Malaysia Completed with ACCA Professional Papers at the same time at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
The Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie is a collaboration with global professional accounting body, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
The 3-year programme is the quickest and most sensible choice for students in Malaysia for a seamless journey towards earning an internationally recognised professional qualification. With 129 credits accredited by ACCA, students are able to complete the ACCA Fundamentals (nine papers) within the first two years of their studies. Students’ final year will be spent covering the syllabus of five professional ACCA papers and attending special revision classes to prepare for two essential ACCA Professional level exams.
KDU University College is an ACCA Platinum Approved Learning Partner (ALP), which is the highest and most prestigious level of approval for universities and colleges globally.
Business Programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Foundation Studies (Art & Technology)
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business with Law (Hons)
- BA (Hons) Banking & Finance
Study Accounting Degree Courses at the Top Ranked Curtin University Sarawak
regulatory and compliance changes in accounting standards itself. It is the single one profession which seems to steadily be in demand for years in the past and many to come.
Young accountants today are anything but typical, they are spreading their wings wide and far heading for the unknown realms of overseas market for international experience.
It is no longer about having a job but a life style which comes with it. Curtin Sarawak accounting qualification is able to provide them with such possibilities.
Curtin Sarawak’s program not only concentrates on the core knowledge but is designed to build a better you. It seeks to build your character, communication and other skills required to face future employment challenges that may come your way.
Curtin Sarawak is one of the few Universities in Malaysia that offers a variety of double major options which includes Accounting & Banking, Accounting & Finance, and Accounting & Entrepreneurship.
These double majors cover a variety of area which prepares Curtin Sarawak graduates to explore many rewarding and worthwhile career options upon their graduation. The units offered in these various majors are highly innovative and relevant for the modern and ever changing profession.
Recognition of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Degree Programme at Curtin University Sarawak
Importantly,Curtin Sarawak Accounting programmes are recognized by the various professional accounting bodies
worldwide including CPA, MIA and ACCA to name a few.
Accounting programmes offered at Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) are now recognised by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
This is in recognition of the programmes’ quality and curriculum and the fact that they meet international standards as well as industry needs.
Furthermore, the programmes are deemed to be guided by a well-defined mission, meet the overall objectives of accounting education, and possess the faculty, leadership and resources necessary to maintain quality in the foreseeable future.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Entrepreneurship) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Marketing) programmes at Curtin Sarawak are now eligible to sit MIA’s Qualifying Examinations and, on completion, will qualify as Chartered Accountants (Malaysia).
Through its Qualifying Examination, MIA provides an avenue for membership admission for those who do not currently possess a qualification recognised under Part I and Part II of the First Schedule to the Malaysian Accountants Act 1967.
Therefore, those who possess a qualification relating to accounting, business and finance recognised by the Public Services Department (JPA) or other qualifications approved by the MIA Council are eligible to sit for the examination. All of Curtin Sarawak’s programmes are recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Public Services Department (JPA), and accreditation of its accounting programmes by CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants in
Australia (ICAA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK (ACCA) and the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Entrepreneurship) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Marketing) programmes are eligible to sit the QE and, on completion, apply to become Chartered Accountants (Malaysia), after obtaining the prerequisite 3 years of practical experience.
Through the QE, the MIA provides an avenue for membership admission for those who do not possess a qualification recognised under Part I and Part II of the First Schedule to the Malaysian Accountants Act 1967. Therefore, those who possess a qualification relating to accounting, business and finance recognised by the Public Services Department (JPA) or other qualifications approved by the MIA Council are eligible to sit for the examination.
Accounting and Finance Programmes Offered at Curtin University Sarawak
- Accounting and Banking
- Accounting and Entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Finance and Management
- Finance and Marketing
Top UK Dual Award Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) Degree Programme at KDU University College Penang
KDU Penang University College’s Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) degree is a UK dual award programme. KDU Penang accounting graduates will receive two awards – one from KDU Penang University College and the other from the University of Lincoln which is a Top 50 ranked in the UK.
KDU University College Penang is a rated 6-STAR College as per the 2015/2014 Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges, generally known as MyQUEST audit by the Ministry of Education.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in the northern region of Malaysia who are interested in pursuing a top accounting diploma can consider the 2-year diploma in accounting at KDU Penang University College. Upon completion of the diploma, graduates can continue on into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) degree UK dual award from a top 50 UK university.
The Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) dual award degree programme at KDU Penang University College
provides a fast-track route for students to become a qualified accountant. Upon successful completion of the accounting degree programme, KDU Penang students will enjoy the maximum 9 exemptions from ACCA qualification.
KDU Penang’s Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) degree not only gives student accreditation from professional accounting bodies but also provides a truly exceptional opportunity for students to achieve TWO bachelor degree awards, an excellent value from two leading institutions of higher learning. Our flagship Dual Award Degrees offer students an outstanding educational experience in which students not only receive a KDU Penang University College degree but also a UK degree award from the University of Lincoln. Students also enjoy study abroad opportunities, an option available in their last year of studies at the University of Lincoln campus in the UK.
KDU Penang University College and the University of Lincoln (UK) have worked closely to design the
curricula to meet international recognised accounting standards. Students will receive a solid grounding in the main accounting discipline and be exposed to knowledge of finance. The unique and innovative design of the curricula enables KDU Penang students to develop their understanding and technical skills in core accounting and finance areas. To further ensure our graduates are employment ready, students are required to complete an internship as part of their programme of study. This degree provides access to multiple career paths for student in areas of accounting, the world of banking and finance, or manage their own enterprise.
The top rate Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) Dual Awards Degree programme at KDU Penang University College equips student with a broad base understanding of business, accounting and finance to enable them to Hit the Ground Running!
KDU Penang University College Partner University – University of Lincoln Rankings
- University of Lincoln is ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2015
- The Guardian University guide 2017: University league table ranks University of Lincoln at 56st overall
- The Guardian University guide 2017: University league table for Business, Management & Marketing ranks University of Lincoln at 80
- In the 2017 League Table Ranking by the Complete University Guide, University of Lincoln is ranked at 49th overall.
- In the 2017 League Table Ranking for Business & Management Studies by the Complete University Guide, University of Lincoln is ranked 49th.
- In the 2017 League Table Ranking for Accounting & Finance by the Complete University Guide, University of Lincoln is ranked at 42.
- The University of Lincoln is placed in the top half of all UK institutions by the Guardian 2016 University Guide and the The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016.
UCSI University’s Accounting & Finance Degree Courses
Situated on a 19-acre piece of land, UCSI University is located in Cheras, Kuala
Lumpur with convenient access to numerous facilities including banks, restaurants, transportation services, entertainment, and accommodation.
UCSI University achieved Tier 5 Ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 and is also ranked Top 5 in Malaysia for employability of her graduates.
Fully wireless, UCSI University is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology to access the world of e-learning and e-resources.
Housing 7 different blocks, the Campus includes the Student Centre (Menara Gading), the Resource Centre, the Academic Blocks and Residential Halls to comfortably accommodate a student population of more than 15,000.
Sports facilities in this Campus include: basketball, badminton and squash
courts, as well as a gymnasium, a football field, and a swimming pool. Other facilities include the four-level library, an auditorium, a recital hall, a multi-purpose hall, computer laboratories, residential halls, bookstores and cafeterias.
Also available on Campus is an Apple Experience Centre.
With at least 5 credits in SPM, students will enter into the Foundation in Arts for 1 year and then into the degree programme for 3 years.
Students with 3 credits can enter into the Diploma in Management for 2 years and then into the related degree programme.
Students in Sarawak can join the Foundation in Arts at UCSI University’s Kuching campus for 1 year before transferring to the Kuala Lumpur campus.
Co-Op Programme or Internship at UCSI University for Accounting Students
The Co-Operative Education Programme at UCSI University formally integrate classroom learning with workplace training at co-operative employer organisations.
As part of their degree requirements, students enrolled in UCSI University programmes are required to complete a Co-Operative module comprising two months work experience for each year of their degree programme; beginning in Year One right through to the Final Year.
Each Co-Operative module is accredited with three credits and students are graded based on a written assignment and employers’ evaluation upon completion of each Co-Operative module.
There are more than 1000 companies partnered with UCSI University for the Co-Op programme for students to choose from.
Accounting and Finance Degree Programmes Offered at UCSI University
- BA (Hons) Accounting
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Financial Economics (Hons)
- BBA (Hons) Islamic Banking & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Finance & Investment
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
Best University in Malaysia to Get a Low Cost Accounting Degree at Top Rank MAHSA University
Students after SPM or O-Levels may enter the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Science at MAHSA University for 1 year and then continue into the 3-year affordable accounting degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of MAHSA University’s recognised and low cost Bachelor of Accounting degree.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who desire an affordable accounting degree course in Malaysia that’s first rate can choose to study at top rank MAHSA University. The Bachelor of Accounting at MAHSA University is approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. In addition, the cost of hostel accommodation at MAHSA University is very affordable compared to other private universities in Malaysia. Students will learn in an ultra modern, new purpose-built campus at Bandar Saujana Putra.
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels will need at least 3 credits in any subject to enter the cheaply available Diploma in Accounting at MAHSA University. Upon completion of the Diploma in Accounting, students can continue on to Year 2 of the Accounting degree.
MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Accounting is a 3-year, highly specialised undergraduate degree programme that qualifies its graduates as accountants upon registration with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Graduates have a choice of going into direct practice either in the public or private sector, or go on to pursue professional accountant certifications such as the CPA (Certified Public Accountant), the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), and CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), while meeting work requirements doing training at accounting firms. Accountants are some of the most highly esteemed professionals whose elite place in society has never been challenged.
Because MAHSA University’s curriculum is designed with a team from employers, industry experts, and academia, students will learn theories combined with hands-on applications and practical skills. These skills of researching and critical thinking, reading and analysing financial statements, creating reports and presentations and interacting with stakeholders, will enable students to be employed right away.
During the duration of the programme, students will explore various depths and breadths of cost accounting, financial accounting, managerial accounting, corporate accounting, accounting information systems, auditing and assurance, international financial reporting standards (IFRS), generally accepted accounting principles
(GAAP), stakeholder values and ethics, issues in financial reporting, information technology for accountants, quantitative methods, corporate finance, organisational behaviour, business economics, business law, company and association law, taxation law and practices, financial statements and investment analysis, cost management, innovation and entrepreneurship, and advanced business communication.
When students graduate, they will be full-fledged accounting graduates, ready and able to correctly and effectively prepare profit and loss statements for business entities; establish accounting practices and procedures for start-up companies and provide sound advice on the management of these; analyse budgets and other financial
information and offer advice on how costs can be reduced and savings maximised; produce budgets for businesses and implement strategies for minimising costs; maintain accurate and timely records of company accounts; improve business efficiency in finances; compute statements of taxes owed, prepare tax returns and ensure that they are filed correctly and that payment is made on time; and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
Because an accountant’s work is no easy task, MAHSA’s Bachelor of Accounting with Honours, will ensure that its graduates are fully equipped with all necessary knowledge that is expected of a professional accountant.
Founded in 2005, MAHSA University offers first rate programmes in various levels, from foundation and diploma to degree and postgraduate programmes in fields such as Business & Accounting, Engineering, as well as Healthcare programmes such as Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Radiography as well as Environmental Health.
Entry Requirements into MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Accounting
- Pass STPM or equivalent with minimum Grade C+ (GPA 2.33) in any 2 subjects and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent grade not attained at STPM level)
- Pass Matriculation / Foundation or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.50 and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent or higher not attained at Matriculation / Foundation level)
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.50
- Pass STAM with minimum Grade Jayyid and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent grade not attained at STAM level)
- Other equivalent qualification
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET): Band 2
Advantages of Studying MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Accounting
- The Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) is awarded by MAHSA University, a highly reputable university in Malaysia
- The Bachelor in Accounting(Hons) was designed with industry experts and university advisors to provide quality education in the core areas of accounting and be highly employable both locally and overseas.
- The Bachelor in Accounting is give exemptions from the below listed professional bodies;
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA UK – 11 out of 17 papers exemptions
- Certified Practising Accountants, CPA Australia – 1 out of 6 paper exemption
- Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia, CTIM – 5 out of 8 papers exemptions
- Industry Linkages Students studying in Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) are given opportunities to interact and engage with lecturers and students from the faculties of Medical and Health Sciences, giving these students networking opportunities and insight into the healthcare industries, which is among the top driver for the global economy.
- Tuition fees for the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) at MAHSA University are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
- Flexible Enrolment Dates for the Accounting degree at MAHSA University. The Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) takes students on a rolling semester basis, allowing for greater flexibility.
- Internship with Industry Partners. Students of the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) at MAHSA University gain work experience as part of their programme. This invaluable experience give our students an edge in employment and help them make good contacts within the industry
- With lecturers and students from 56 different nationalities, the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) student gain a rich appreciation of different cultures and values.
- Accredited byProfessional Bodies. The Accounting degree programme at MAHSA University is recognized and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK, Certified Practicing Accountants Australia, Institute of Commercial and Industrial Accountants Malaysia, Chartered Tax Institute Malaysia. Accreditation from Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Institute of Public Accountant and Institute of Financial Accountant are to be received by the year end of 2016.
Top Private University in Malaysia for Affordable Accounting & Finance Degree at First City University College
The BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree programme at First City University College provides students with technical abilities and knowledge specific to finance and accounting. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to demonstrate skills in preparing financial statements, performing financial analysis and delivering financial projections.
The duration for the BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January and September of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels in the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Business Administration at First City University College. After the 1-year affordable foundation programme, you can continue on to the 3-year BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree programme at First City University College. The BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree programme is a dual award by First City UC & Anglia Ruskin University, UK.
Students with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels may go for the Diploma in Business Administration for 2 years and then enter into Year 2 of the Accounting & Finance degree programme at First City University College. First City University College provides a safe off-campus accommodation which is just across the road. Deserving students can apply for the scholarships as well. Interested students may apply online for First City University College here.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at First City University College
First City University College’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers Foundation in Business Administration with pathways to pursue business related disciplines (Accounting & Finance, Business Management and Marketing) and social sciences programmes (Hospitality & Tourism Management and Mass Communication).
Alternatively, students who already have a clear interest in the field of business and social sciences can opt to pursue specialised two-year diploma programmes in Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism Management and Mass Communication. Upon graduation, students possess an advanced standing to continue to Year 2 of a related degree programme at First City UC.
Dual Award and Homegrown Degree Programmes at First City University College
First City UC currently offers specially-crafted degree programmes to respond to the needs and demands of both the local and global industry which will enhance the employability of its graduates. Four of its degree programmes, namely BA (Hons) Business Management, BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance, BA (Hons) Marketing and Master of Business Administration (MBA) are offered in collaboration with the institution’s longstanding United Kingdom partner university, the Anglia Ruskin University (ARU).
This university is well regarded for its quality teaching and support, and is one of the largest universities in the East of England with 35,000 students from 177 countries. ARU was named “one of the top 350 institutions in the world and joint 38th best in the UK” by
the Times Higher Education’s (THE) World University Rankings 2016. The Lord Ashcroft International Business School (LAIBS) at ARU is ranked among the top 50 Business Schools in Accounting and Finance in the UK, according to the 2017 UK Guardian League Table report.
Students who pursue these programmes will receive two degree certificates; one from First City UC and one from ARU. This dual award mode will provide them with recognition and validation from two higher education providers, giving them the edge which will set them apart from their peers.
Professional Recognition for the UK Dual Award Degree in Accounting & Finance at First City University College
Eligible for exemptions from major accounting bodies’ examinations such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
First Rate Accounting Degree Programme at HELP University Subang 2 and HELP University Damansara
Students after SPM & O-Levels can enter the Foundation in Arts Programme at HELP University before proceeding to the top rated accounting degree programme. Another pathway is taking the Diploma in Accounting at HELP University and then entering into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Business (Hons) Accounting at HELP University also. UEC, A-Levels & STPM students can enter directly into the accounting degree programme at HELP University with the relevant results.
HELP University offers the Bachelor of Business (Hons) program which allows students to specialise in one of these seven
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Hospitality Management
The University also offers the Bachelor of Economics (Hons), Bachelor of Management (Hons), Bachelor of Tourism Management and Bachelor of Business Psychology and Diploma in Business program. Students interested in the Business programmes at HELP University can choose to study at HELP University Subang 2 new campus or at HELP University Damansara Heights city campus.
HELP University’s business curriculum is broad based in nature. It emphasises active learning through problem-solving and
uses real-life case studies. HELP University’s accounting program is the first from a university in Malaysia to be accredited by CPA, Australia.
Furthermore, the accounting program is granted maximum exemptions by professional bodies such as ACCA, ICAEW and MAICSA. HELP University’s business students can transfer credits to many top universities in Australia, UK and New Zealand, including the University of Queensland, University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of New South Wales, Leeds University and many others.
In addition, HELP University’s business program is one of the very few business programs in the world where students are able to transfer their credits into the final year of the University of Queensland Business/Commerce program.
HELP University has various internship and graduate training programs with many leading multinational companies including General Electric, KPMG, PWC, Ernst & Young, Deloitte and BDO Binder. Hence HELP University’s graduates are preferred employees for top companies in Malaysia.
HELP is a popular choice for students wishing to pursue business, tourism and hospitality studies not only because of its academic excellence and teaching quality. They also provide students a wide range of services and extracurricular activities aimed at building character, infusing leadership qualities and positive values, and taking care of their physical, mental and emotional health.
BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance awarded by University of Derby, UK at HELP Academy
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University
has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
The University of Derby 3+0 degree programs are offered in-partnership with the Department of Management (DOM) of HELP Academy (part of the HELP’s Group of educational institutions).
HELP Academy has over 28 years’ experience teaching UK twinning programs in accounting, economic and management related fields and graduated over two thousands students.
When you enroll in a UoD programme, you take the first step on a path of professional development and personal fulfilment.
You will experience academic excellence at the first hand, from interfacing with our team of highly qualified and experienced lecturers whose reputation for teaching to high standards has been recognized by top partner universities, to studying a programme that has been widely endorsed by professional, business and industrial sectors.
At HELP Academy, you will also experience a wide range of activities and programmes aimed at developing personality, and communication, leadership and organizational skills. HELP offers a cosmopolitan, modern and multicultural environment that provides limitless opportunities for developing good character and a wholesome personality as a basis for building a successful career and a life of fulfilment.
- 3+0 BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance in Malaysia awarded by University of Derby, UK
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting & Finance) University of London International Programmes
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.