Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study a Top Computer Science Foundation, Diploma or Degree Course
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Computer Science degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Computer Science degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Computer Science degree at the best university in Malaysia.
A university degree in computer science is no longer enough to secure a job in Malaysia. Employers in Malaysia are looking for individuals with multiple skill sets. Employers today expect their employees to be able to multitask and communicate well in the English language. The gap between the demand for information and computer technology (ICT) talent and the supply of that talent is large. Study indicates that the existing situation cannot even supply half of the demand by 2020, about 500,000 human capital educated in science and technology will be needed in Malaysia. From this number, at least 30,000 graduates are required in the ICT job market.
For more information contact 01111408838
Best Computer Science Programmes at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a top recruitment agent for private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University.
Students should choose the best university in Malaysia for their Computer Science Foundation, Diploma or Degree studies in order to gain the necessary knowledge & skills for a successful career.
- Top rate Malaysian private universities for Computer Science degree programmes are Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus, KDU Penang University College, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and HELP University
- Leading private universities & colleges in Malaysia offering computing, computer science, IT or computer studies diploma programmme are Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, KDU Penang University College, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, HELP University, First City University College, UCSI University and HELP College of Arts and Technology
- Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting the best universities for Foundation in Computing or Technology can go to Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, Curtin University Sarawak,KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, and First City University College
Computer Science is the study of computer systems including algorithmic processes and the principles involved in the design of hardware and software.
Computer scientists are primarily concerned with the design of algorithms, languages, hardware architecture, systems software, applications software and tools. Applications range from simple game playing to the control of space vehicles, power plants and factories, from banking machines to intelligent fault and medical diagnosis. Computer professionals, in short, are concerned with the creation of computer and information systems for the benefit of society.
Computer science spans a wide range, from its theoretical and algorithmic foundations to cutting-edge
developments in robotics, computer vision, intelligent systems, bioinformatics, and other exciting areas.
We can think of the work of computer scientists as falling into three categories.
- They design and implement software. Computer scientists take on challenging programming jobs.
They also supervise other programmers, keeping them aware of new approaches.
- They devise new ways to use computers. Progress in the CS areas of networking, database, and
human-computer-interface enabled the development of the World Wide Web. Now CS researchers are working with scientists from other fields to make robots become practical and intelligent aides, to use databases to create new knowledge, and to use computers to help decipher the secrets of our DNA.
- They develop effective ways to solve computing problems. For example, computer scientists develop
the best possible ways to store information in databases, send data over networks, and display complex images. Their theoretical background allows them to determine the best performance possible, and their study of algorithms helps them to develop new approaches that provide better performance.
Computer science spans the range from theory through programming. Curricula that reflect this breadth
are sometimes criticized for failing to prepare graduates for specific jobs. While other disciplines may
produce graduates with more immediately relevant job-related skills, computer science offers a
comprehensive foundation that permits graduates to adapt to new technologies and new ideas.
Computer Science (CS or CompSci) is a field that deals with the scientific and practical approach to computing and all of its applications. Believe it or not, computer science came long before the development of computers. Computing was done since the time of the abacus. A computer scientist focuses on the theory of computation and its applications.
The study of computer science began even before the development of the first computer; it started with the development of machines for calculations such as the abacus. When it was clear that the computer were being designed for more purposes than just normal mathematical calculations, the field of computer science was broadened to study the computer systems that we have today. The first accredited degree for computer science was offered by the University of Cambridge in 1953 in the UK and by Purdue University in 1962 in the US.
Computer science has more to do with theory of the computer and its computing abilites rather than
hands-on applications. Computer science is basically the ability to solve a problem or getting the computer to do something without the help of a human. This field of data is not directly affected by the humans. Computing can also be done by hand and is used by many fields that are not related to primarily developing computers.
Scientists focus on developing algorithms that can create, alter and change the data depending on what they would like. The commands that the computer follows are done by certain algorithm that tells it what to do. Computer science can also be divided into two specializations: theoretical computer science and applied computer sciences. The theoretical science focuses on the classical theory of computation, along with other more abstract, logical, and mathematical aspects of computing. The applied computer sciences cover topics such as artificial intelligence, computer architecture and engineering, graphic designing, computing science, etc. It deals with mainly applications or additional programs.
Computer science requires a strong mathematical and scientific background. Depending on colleges, the courses may vary in teaching subjects. While some collages prefer teaching theoretical aspect of computer science, others focus on advanced programming. Courses include Theoretical computer science, Theory of computation, Information and coding theory, Algorithms and data structures, Programming language theory, Formal methods, Concurrent, parallel and distributed systems, Databases and information retrieval, Artificial intelligence, Computer architecture and engineering, Computer graphics and visualization, Computer security and cryptography, etc.
Sample of Subjects that can be found in a Computer Science Degree Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- Programming Fundamentals
- Computer Architecture
- Fundamentals of Relational Database
- Discrete Mathematics
- System Analysis and Design
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Foundation of Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Networks
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Program Design & Development
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Artificial Intelligence.(AI)
- Database Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Web Application Integration 1 (Web)/Image Processing(AI)
- Software Engineering
- Social and Current issues in Computing
- Parallel Computing
- Advanced Programming Language Concepts
- Real-Time Systems
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Emergent Technology
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Information Storage & Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Multimedia Techniques for Animation, Games & Film Effects
- Investigations in Computer Science
- Engineering Software & Applications
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems and Low Level Techniques
- Ai Methods
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Believable Models for Games & Virtual Reality
Computer Science Careers in Malaysia
Computers are everywhere today, and the job market reflects this. Communication in all of its forms telephone, television, networks depend on complex and extremely reliable software. Vehicles, ships, aircrafts, and satellites are all controlled by computers.
Modern medical care depends on imaging techniques that in turn depend on computation. Businesses, from the local bank to the international on-line store, rely on secure access to networks and databases.
The booming entertainment industry with video games and movie animation that today flourishes in Montreal, also has a large demand for programmers and designers.
With a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science you are qualified to design and create new software and also to modify, and test existing software for computerized applications in a broad range of business and industry. You may also be required to devise new and more efficient algorithms and techniques.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com