Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia Offering the Best Marketing Degree Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Marketing is the process of finding out the needs and wants of consumers and being able to deliver the products that satisfy those needs and wants. Marketing includes all of the activities needed to get the product from the producer to the consumer.
It starts with market research to find out the needs, wants and desires of the consumer, how they behave, their buying behaviour and the places they visit most to make their purchases. All of these would include production, advertising, transportation, processing, packaging, and selling — are included in the marketing process.
In oder to succeed in the competitive world of business, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia offering first rate degree courses in marketing. These universities, with their experience, can help prepare you well and fine tune your skills. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals.
After SPM or O-Levels , there are many different business courses for you to choose from and sometimes it can be confusing. Marketing is a popular degree programme in Malaysia and can command high salaries. In order to succeed in the competitive workforce in Malaysia, students must choose the best private universities in Malaysia to study the marketing course.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Marketing degree programme. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the marketing degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
For more information please contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Private Universities for Marketing Degree Course
Students should choose top universities in Malaysia for marketing that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to study the marketing course so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their career.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Curtin University Sarawak
- Taylor’s University
- Asia Pacific University
- UCSI University
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- HELP University
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- First City University College
- HELP Academy
Top Criteria to Consider When Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study a Marketing Course that Fits You
- Is the Marketing course popular at that university? Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Are the marketing courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the marketing courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Does the university have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course?
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Ask your friends who have studied there for their opinion. Ask your friends who are currently
studying there as well.
- Entry requirements (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, etc.?
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- What is the make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Marketing
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia for the Marketing course:
- What type of university do I like? (Large, medium, small, city, suburbs, or outer city) Some people like small universities where you get a community feel while others like large university campuses where they get to meet lots of people.
- The size of the university also matters to some people as some prefer a small and friendly university environment where you know everyone’s names. Some may prefer a medium sized university where there are more students to interact with and more facilities to use like a bigger library, student centre, computer labs etc.
- In large universities you might feel lost but there will be more facilities like a football field, gym, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc. You just need to understand your personality and then choose the type of university that fits you.
- If you are a sports person, you might want to find one with a football field, basketball courts, gym or
- Safety at the university campus and community.
- Know yourself, if you like city life, don’t choose a university far away from the city even though the facilities are great. However, if you have a discipline problem in having too much fun, studying away from the city may be a good choice
- What are the facilities and resources offered at the university? – engineering labs, computer labs, computers, science labs, sports facilities, student centre, job placement centre, etc. Note – You should expect to get what you pay for.
- If you like sports, you may not want to choose a university without a basketball court or gym.
- Is it near public transportation? This is important if you do not have transportation.
- Note that you get what you pay for, if you pay for a Kancil don’t expect a Mercedes service. Nothing wrong with a Kancil, it’s just being realistic with your “purchase” however that does not mean that you should get lousy service from that college.
Studying the Marketing Course at a Top Private University in Malaysia
In a report by Jobstreet.com posted on Nov 18, 2016, Sales & Marketing professionals are the Most wanted talent in Asia. great prospects lay ahead for sales, marketing and business development professionals in Asia as hirers show high demand for these specialisations, SEEK Asia’s data shows.
Combined records from JobStreet.com and jobsDB, both under SEEK Asia, reflect the region’s current talent demand for the third quarter period of 2016. Over 16% of vacancies in this region are targeted at the sales and marketing professionals, making it one of the most hard-to-fill segments in Asia.
Meanwhile, Asia’s banking and financial industries post the highest job demands in the region. Current hiring trends also indicate a strong job growth of 5% in the healthcare, medical & pharmaceutical industries
Marketing is an exciting career and most companies need marketing professionals to bring in the profits. Good marketing professionals must have a strategic mindset with a good understanding of consumer behavior.
Potential marketing students should also be outgoing, like interacting with people, and have a strong
acumen for mathematics as marketing professionals will need to use statistics found in market research to strategise their marketing plans.
Marketing is a form of communication between the brand and and its customers with the goal of selling the product or service to them. Communicating the value of the product or service is a key aspect of marketing. The management process through which goods and services move from concept and finally to the customer.
The marketing process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer. It includes the coordination of four areas called the 4 P’s of marketing:
- Product – Identification, selection and development of a product
- Price – Determination of its price
- Place – Selection of a distribution channel to reach the customer’s place. figuring out placement in order to reach customers. Selecting a distribution channel for the product to reach the customer’s place or a place where the customer can reach the product
- Promotion – Development and implementation of a promotional strategy.
Developing a marketing plan is an important way to begin forming this strategy for reaching customers and encouraging them to buy. Marketing is based on thinking about the business in terms of customer needs and their satisfaction.
Marketing is different from selling because selling is concerned with the tricks and techniques of getting
people to exchange their cash for your product. It is not concerned with the values that the exchange is all about. Whereas marketing views the entire business process that includes a tightly integrated effort to discover, create, arouse and satisfy customer needs.
Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising. Marketing is the science and art of exploring, creating, and delivering value to satisfy the needs of a target market at a profit.
Marketing identifies unfulfilled needs and desires. It defines, measures and quantifies the size of the identified market and the profit potential. It pinpoints which segments the company is capable of serving best and it designs and promotes the appropriate products and services.
In other words, marketing has less to do with getting customers to pay for your product as it does
developing a demand for that product and fulfilling the customer’s needs. Good marketing professionals are always in demand in Malaysia and can command high salaries. Many universities in Malaysia offer the degree in marketing therefore it can be confusing to choose the best university that fits you.
Not all universities and marketing programmes are the same. It is important to choose the best university that fits your needs and career goals. The university should be reputable with many years of experience, ample facilities, experienced lecturers, English-speaking student environment, and an international environment.
After SPM, UEC, O-Levels, A-Levels or STPM , students who like maths, strategy, interacting with people and an active job environment can choose to study marketing. A career in Marketing in Malaysia can bring a high salary if you are good. To be successful in the competitive world of marketing career, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study the marketing degree course.
What Subjects You Will Study in the Marketing Degree Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
It is important that when choosing the right university to study at, you should look at the subjects offered. Many students make the mistake in assuming that subjects for courses are the same at all universities.
Understanding the Consumer
- Services Marketing
- Marketing in Society
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing and Globalisation
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Customer Lifestyle and Behavior
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Marketing People, Places and Performance
- Retail Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- One to One Marketing
- Business Research Methods
- Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Current Issues in Marketing
- Marketing Promotion
Career Prospects for Marketing Professionals in Malaysia
Marketing graduates can work in almost any industry such as health care, advertising, IT, insurance, banking, health products, food & beverage, hospitality, travel & tourism, fashion, education, construction, property, and more.
They can begin work as executives in marketing, customer service, FMCG, business development, public relations, market research, retail management, consultants, account servicing, sales, and more.
With knowledge of marketing in both domestic and international markets, you can aspire to be a professional in marketing management, marketing research, public relations and promotions activities, sales management and sales.
Good marketing professionals can earn a lot when they become marketing managers, directors, or as Vice-President.
Top marketing professionals in Malaysia can earn from RM5000-RM20,000 or more a month.
Average Salary for Marketing & Sales Professionals in Malaysia according to the Robert Walters Salary Report
|Managing Director||360 – 550k||360 – 550k|
|Sales Director||300 – 504k||240 – 420k|
|Marketing Director||312 – 460k||240 – 450k|
|Communications Director||180 – 265k||180 – 265k|
|Marketing Manager||180 – 264k||144 – 240k|
|Communications Manager||108 – 156k||84 – 120k|
|Market Research Manager||84 – 132k||84 – 130k|
|Public Relations Manager||72 – 132k||72 – 120k|
|Sales Manager||72 – 126k||84 – 125k|
|Business Development Manager||72 – 120k||72 – 180k|
|Retail Operations Manager||72 – 120k||72 – 120k|
|Trade Marketing Manager||72 – 120k||72 – 130k|
|Account Manager||72 – 102k||72 – 102k|
|Brand Manager||72 – 108k||72 – 102k|
|Digital Marketing Manager||72 – 108k||72 – 140k|
|Customer Service Manager||60 – 96k||60 – 96k|
|NB: Figures are basic salaries exclusive of benefits/bonuses unless otherwise specified|
Sales & Marketing Professionals in the Pharmaceuticals Industry Average Salary Per Year in RM in 2015 (Malaysia)
- Medical Affairs Manager 120 – 180k
- Market Access Manager 96 – 180k
- Clinical Research Manager 96 – 156k
- Regulatory Affairs Manager 96 – 144k
- QA/QC Manager 84 – 120k
- SFE Manager 72 – 120k
- Medical Scientific Liaison 60 – 96k
Nature of work of Marketing Professionals in Malaysia
Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers coordinate their companies’ market research, marketing strategy, sales, advertising, promotion, pricing, product development, and public relations activities. Marketing professionals need to be able to work under pressure, adapt quickly to competition, be creative and strategic.
Advertising & Promotions managers. A&P Managers will take care of the branding and advertising needs of the company.
They will liaise with the advertising agency to design the marketing collaterals such as
- pull-up banners
- advertisements in the newspaper or magazine
Various mediums for promotions will be used to promote the product such as:
- Social media
- LRT stations
- Other mediums
The advertising and promotions manager will ensure that the brand of the company is consistently and
effectively promoted to the public. He or she will work on press releases to shape the public’s perception of the company. Events are organised as well to engage with the public.
Marketing managers. Marketing managers develop the firm’s marketing strategy in detail. With the help of subordinates, including product development managers and market research managers, they estimate the demand for products and services offered by the firm and its competitors. In addition, they identify potential markets—for example, business firms, wholesalers, retailers, government, or the general public.
Marketing managers develop pricing strategy to help firms maximize profits and market share while ensuring that the firm’s customers are satisfied. In collaboration with sales, product development, and other managers, they monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services, and they oversee product development.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com