Study Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Public Relations) Degree in Malaysia at HELP University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Public relations is the professional management of external and internal communications to build the reputation of a company or cause. Today’s PR Specialists work on developing beneficial relationships in cities, governments, corporations, consumers, media, charities and communities to manage the relationships and communication channels.
Public relations (PR) is the way organisations, companies and individuals communicate with the public and media. A PR specialist communicates with the target audience directly or indirectly through media with an aim to create and maintain a positive image and create a strong relationship with the audience.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Outstanding Public Relations Degree Programme in Malaysia at Top Ranked HELP University
The PR Specialist uses a wide variety of communication tools and techniques such as the press releases, newsletters, public events, conventions, newspapers, billboards, blogs, social media, websites, TV, radio, etc.
The business world is very competitive and in order to win new customers and keep the existing ones, companies have to set themselves apart from the competition. But they also need to create and maintain a positive public image.
A PR specialist or firm helps them both create and maintain a good reputation among both the media and the customers by communicating in their behalf and presenting their products, services and the overall brand in a positive manner they will
remember. A positive public image helps create a strong relationship with the customers which in turn increases the sales.
Students interested in studying Public Relations should be good in languages, like to socialise with people, have an outgoing personality, possess strategic thinking, like to write, organise events, a creative mind, and lots of energy.
A good command of the English language is very important for a successful career in Public Relations. Students need to choose a university where the students speak mainly in English and experience in offering the programme.
If you are weak in English, it will be very difficult for you to maintain the image of your company with bad English. You will not be able to write good press releases and copy for the brochures. Coming up with good taglines or campaign ideas for your product or company will be almost impossible.
Having a good command of both English and Mandarin would be very advantageous. However, if you are only proficient in Mandarin, you will not be able to get jobs in top multinational or global companies
HELP University is one of the best universities in Malaysia offering the degree in Public Relations.
What are the career prospects Public Relation graduates in Malaysia?
Bachelor of Communication (Hons) (Public Relations) at HELP University
Public relations practitioners work on developing beneficial relationships with clients, media, government, consumers and other stakeholders.
The Public Relations program at HELP University provides students with professional skills and knowledge, including in professional writing techniques, crisis and issues management, media and stakeholder relations, campaign planning, strategy and research, with an emphasis on problem solving, creativity, and project and relationship management.
Year 1 Subjects for the Degree in Public Relations at HELP University
- MCH 102 Public Speaking
- MCH 101 Introduction to Mass Communication
- MCH 100 Social and Business Communication
- MCH 152 Introduction to Media Writing
- MCH 106 Information Tech, Mass Media and Society
- HAA 102 Introduction to Design
- MCH 121 Public Relations
- MCH 150 Introduction to Marketing Communication
- MCH 125 Introduction to Sociology
- Two Year 1 Free Electives
Year 2 Subjects for the Degree in Public Relations at HELP University
- MCH 215 Intercultural Communication
- MCH 250 Communication Theory
- HSO 210 Social Research Methods
- MCH 208 Communication in the Workplace
- MCH 230 Public Relations Case Studies
- MCH 240 Public Relations Management
- MCH 241 Public Opinion and Propaganda
- MCH 251 Theories of Media
- MCH 231 Public Relations Writing
- Two Year 2 Free Electives
Year 3 Subjects for the Degree in Public Relations at HELP University
- MCH 317 Publication Design
- MCH 390 Honours Thesis
- MCH 396 Practicum
- MCH 314 Communication Law and Ethics
- MCH 316 Public Relations Audit
- MCH 360 Public Relations Strategies and Campaign
- MCH 370 Crisis and Issues Management
- Two Year 3 Free Electives
- Local Students
- MPU 3113 Ethnic Relations; and
- MPU 3123 Islamic and Asian Civilization; and
- MPU 3223 Leadership and Life Skills; and
- MPU 3323 Malaysian Constitution; or
MPU 3333 Malaysian Digital Transformation; and
- MPU 3423 Community Service and Event Management
Top Lecturers & Activities for Public Relations Course at HELP University
“Our faculty members have a good blend of specialisation in communication and working experience, thus ensuring students
gain professional growth and personal enrichment. Courses are continuously evaluated and updated so that they stay current and relevant to the evolving professional and personal needs of our students and fulfil industry expectations.”
– Dr Khairuddin Othman, Dean of the HELP University School of Communication
Dr Khairuddin’s distinguished career includes working at The New Straits Times, TV3 and AC Nielsen. He was Chief Executive of Akademi TV3 and CEO of TV3 Ghana. He also served as Head of Advertising and Broadcasting at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM). He is a media consultant to the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Clubs and societies at the School of Communication:
- BCom Voice Student Council
- Radio Club
- Institute of Public Relations Malaysia Student Association (IPRMSA)
- Creative Production Society
- And over 40 other sports, hobbies and special interest clubs and societies at HELP University.
State-of-the-Art studios in the School of Communication at HELP University
The School is equipped with professional and industrial standard film and broadcast studios and equipment to enable students
to make films, TV commercials and corporate videos. Hands-on work with these facilities prepares them for professional work anywhere.
- Panasonic AVCHD cameras
- iMac editing suites with Final Cut Pro software
- Dolly tripods and steady tripods
- Tungsten spotlights and fluorescent lights for 3-point lighting
- Boom mics
- Wireless mics with receiver and transmitter
- Digital HD video cassette recorder
- Canon EOS 60D DSLR cameras with full HD filming capability
- clip image002 0023
- The UniTunes@HELP broadcast station delivers programs via live streaming on the HELP website. Students can engage in live talk shows as hosts, or as DJs on music programs, or as music performers.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
- EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com