Best Private Universities in Malaysia to Study the Foundation in Business
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM who have decided to go for a Business Degree at a top private university in Malaysia, it would be better to take a Foundation in Business instead of taking tough external pre-university courses like A-Levels, Canadian Pre-U or Australian Matriculation.
Students after SPM can find it difficult to decide which Pre-University programme that would fit them. They might ask if Foundation in Business the right path?
This guide will explain everything about a Foundation in Business, as well as some of the most important things that you need to know so that you can make the best decision that would fit you.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Ten Reasons to Study the Foundation in Business at the Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia?
- Cheaper than the External Pre-University Programmes
- Easier than the External Pre-University Programmes
- Some are recognised for entry into overseas universities
- Accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- You study subjects that you like, which is business related
- Your coursework and exams are marked by Malaysians who understand what you write or express
- You will be exposed to different types of business subjects which would help you to decide which major to choose in the degree.
- Faster to enter the degree programme compared to taking the STPM or A-Levels
- If you do not plan to go overseas, there is no reason to take an external Pre-U programme which is tougher and more expensive.
- When you score well in the Foundation in Business, you can apply for scholarships for the degree programme at the same university.
Entry Requirements into a Foundation in Business in Malaysia
Entry requirements into the Foundation in Business at most private universities in Malaysia are
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE
- Students intending to pursue a degree in Finance or Actuarial Science must have a credit in Maths.
Entry requirements into top ranked universities like Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are higher
- Minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
- Actuarial Science route requires minimum 4 Bs and a C in SPM or O-Levels including a B in English and Mathematics together with a C in Additional Mathematics or other equivalent global qualifications.
Studying the Foundation in Business at Top Universities in Malaysia
Students after the Foundation would consider degree programmes offered in private universities in
Malaysia such as:
- Finance & Investment
- Actuarial Science
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Business Administration
- International Business
A Foundation in Business focuses on business-related topics by focusing on specific subjects related to these various majors in Business.
Structure of the Foundation in Business Programme in Malaysia
A Foundation in Business at top private universities in Malaysia would be 12-months in duration. It is divided into 3 semesters. They would be 3 long semesters which are 14 weeks long.
Unlike how A-Level and SAM are administered by a central body (Cambridge or EdExcel administers the A-Levels and the South Australian education board administers SAM), a Foundation in Business is administered by the private university itself.
Assessments are a mixture of coursework, assignments and exams. It is generally accepted that the Foundation course is easier than the external Pre-University programmes. Quality of the Foundation in Business programmes are assured with the accreditation from MQA.
Students who have completed the Foundation in Business may transfer to other private universities in Malaysia for their degree programmes.
Typical Subjects offered in the Foundation in Business
Subjects offered by Foundation in Business courses are related to business subjects so that it would
prepare you for the undergraduate degree in business. Some universities offer both core and elective subjects (which means you get to choose some of your subjects), while some universities only have fixed subjects.
You will study subjects like Marketing, Accounting, Management, Finance, Mathematics, Communication, IT, and more. The Malaysian Ministry of Education also requires students to take compulsory subjects called the Matapelajaran Wajib or MPU. Students have to take 3 MPU subjects during their Foundation.
Why Study Foundation in Business at a Top Private University in Malaysia
A Foundation in Business is a structured and straightforward path to a degree in Business. Here are
some of the reasons why you should take a Foundation in Business at a top private university in Malaysia.
By taking a Foundation in Business, you will be exposed to various Business topics, such as Accounting, Management, Economics and Marketing. This is advantageous as it will help give you an idea of what to study for your degree if you are still unsure.
Top private universities in Malaysia would ensure a quality in their Foundation programmes so that students would be well prepared for their degree courses. Do not choose the Foundation in Business because it is the cheapest. It may not prepare you well to handle the degree programme.
The environment in top private universities is one that’s vibrant, multi-cultural and English-speaking. These are necessary components for a successful career in the competitive work place.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org